Finally took the new Garmin out inthe woods.

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2004
      I had obligations all weekend, but I managed to talk my 14 yo niece
      into caching with me today she had been wanting to go for some time
      now, but it never worked out until today. She LOVES it! She even got
      scratches on her legs bushwhacking and never complained (too much).
      She wanted to try "Mikes's Tricky Cache". Lots of bushwhacking for
      nothing. DNF. Saw the RC plane though. We did find two other caches
      nearby.

      There's only one problem. I can't figure out how to activate the
      "Found" field on the 60CS.
    • Kevin Dytrich
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2004
        There's probably an easier way to do it, but here's what I come up with.

        I followed the directions in the book, but it just woulnd't work. It
        kept offering to set up Geocaching which I had done 6 times. The icon
        need to be the little closed box while mine were that useless blue
        flag. After spending 10 minutes changing them one at a time in the
        GPS, I then went to EasyGPS and did it. The new version has a whole
        bunch of new icons. I re-uploaded them to the GPSr and got the USB
        driver not installed. Am I going to need to install this stupid thing
        every time I up/download? Oops! Forgot to turn on the GPSr.

        Got it going now.

        I installed GSAK, but can't figure it out. EasyGPS will let you save
        as .gpx, so that's what I did before uploading. Sorry to carry on so
        long, but I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do all this.

        Kevin

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
        <lkd53@a...> wrote:
        > I had obligations all weekend, but I managed to talk my 14 yo niece
        > into caching with me today she had been wanting to go for some time
        > now, but it never worked out until today. She LOVES it! She even got
        > scratches on her legs bushwhacking and never complained (too much).
        > She wanted to try "Mikes's Tricky Cache". Lots of bushwhacking for
        > nothing. DNF. Saw the RC plane though. We did find two other caches
        > nearby.
        >
        > There's only one problem. I can't figure out how to activate the
        > "Found" field on the 60CS.
      • Aphrael