Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Garmin 60CS help

  • Aphrael
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30, 2004
      ok... question 1, menu trip computer, hit menu when trip computer comes up... you can clear everything from here.. select what you want wiped and apply..:)
      #2 menu, tracks, menu delete
      #3 you have to make sure that in your setup menu you have selected Prompt for routing... when you want to change between them.. go to the compass page, hit menu and recalculate... and then select off/follow road...

      hope this helps

      Aph

      Kevin Dytrich <lkd53@...> wrote:
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
      <lkd53@a...> wrote:
      > I 'v got a few more questions that I couldn't find the answer for in
      > the manual.
      > 1. how do you reset the odometer?
      > 2. how do you delete tracks?
      > 3. how do you switch between road and off road?
      >
      > Kevin

      Never mind, I found out on the GC Forum.  I still don't know how to
      tell what firmware version I have.

    • Kevin Dytrich
      Message 2 of 12 , May 30, 2004
        Thanks, I got it now.

        Does anyone know what the latest firmware versiom is? Mine is 3.20.

        Kevin

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Aphrael
        <aphrael32@y...> wrote:
        > ok... question 1, menu trip computer, hit menu when trip computer
        comes up... you can clear everything from here.. select what you want
        wiped and apply..:)
        > #2 menu, tracks, menu delete
        > #3 you have to make sure that in your setup menu you have selected
        Prompt for routing... when you want to change between them.. go to the
        compass page, hit menu and recalculate... and then select off/follow
        road...

        > hope this helps
        >

        > Aph
        >
        > Kevin Dytrich <lkd53@a...> wrote:
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
        > <lkd53@a...> wrote:
        > > I 'v got a few more questions that I couldn't find the answer for in
        > > the manual.
        > > 1. how do you reset the odometer?
        > > 2. how do you delete tracks?
        > > 3. how do you switch between road and off road?
        > >
        > > Kevin
        >
        > Never mind, I found out on the GC Forum. I still don't know how to
        > tell what firmware version I have.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Kevin Dytrich
        Message 3 of 12 , May 30, 2004
          I seem to be the "King" of "never mind, I found it".

          OK, it's 3.30; is this something I really need?

          Kevin

          <lkd53@a...> wrote:
          > Thanks, I got it now.
          >
          > Does anyone know what the latest firmware versiom is? Mine is 3.20.
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Aphrael
          > <aphrael32@y...> wrote:
          > > ok... question 1, menu trip computer, hit menu when trip computer
          > comes up... you can clear everything from here.. select what you want
          > wiped and apply..:)
          > > #2 menu, tracks, menu delete
          > > #3 you have to make sure that in your setup menu you have selected
          > Prompt for routing... when you want to change between them.. go to the
          > compass page, hit menu and recalculate... and then select off/follow
          > road...
          > >
          > > hope this helps
          > >

          > > Aph
          > >
          > > Kevin Dytrich <lkd53@a...> wrote:
          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
          > > <lkd53@a...> wrote:
          > > > I 'v got a few more questions that I couldn't find the answer for in
          > > > the manual.
          > > > 1. how do you reset the odometer?
          > > > 2. how do you delete tracks?
          > > > 3. how do you switch between road and off road?
          > > >
          > > > Kevin
          > >
          > > Never mind, I found out on the GC Forum. I still don't know how to
          > > tell what firmware version I have.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.
        • lowracer
          Message 4 of 12 , May 30, 2004
            Everything you ever wanted to know about your Garmin firmware update is
            on this page right here:
            http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp

            Generally, the answer is yes, update your firmware. They fix bugs in
            those updates and sometimes add new features. You can read about the
            specifics on Garmin's website. Just keep your firmware current and
            you'll have fewer problems out in the field.

            -mark

            On May 30, 2004, at 8:56 PM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

            > I seem to be the "King" of "never mind, I found it".
            >
            > OK, it's 3.30; is this something I really need?
            >
            > Kevin
          • Kevin Dytrich
            Message 5 of 12 , May 30, 2004
              OK, I got ver. 3.30 installed. Will I see any difference?

              Kevin

              Message 6 of 12 , May 30, 2004
                Hey, thanks, MArk. That's a page I didn't see. I only found the one
                specifically for mine.

                Kevin

                \- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer <lowracer@a...>
                wrote:
                > Everything you ever wanted to know about your Garmin firmware update is
                > on this page right here:
                > http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp
                >
                > Generally, the answer is yes, update your firmware. They fix bugs in
                > those updates and sometimes add new features. You can read about the
                > specifics on Garmin's website. Just keep your firmware current and
                > you'll have fewer problems out in the field.
                >
                > -mark
                >
                > On May 30, 2004, at 8:56 PM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                >

                > > I seem to be the "King" of "never mind, I found it".
                > >
                > > OK, it's 3.30; is this something I really need?
                > >
                > > Kevin
              • lowracer
                Message 7 of 12 , May 30, 2004
                  Like I said, it's all on the Garmin Website:

                  Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
                  • Corrected problems finding items when results contain characters
                  with diacritic marks.
                  • Corrected a problem on the Geocache Find page where a Find By Name
                  search could potentially highlight a point past the first correct
                  match.
                  • Corrected an orientation problem on the Turn Preview Page if the
                  route is calculated close to the first turn.
                  • Corrected problems with the automatic closing feature of the Turn
                  Preview Page when using German or Italian languages.
                  • Corrected potential problems resulting from automatic closing of the
                  keyboard.
                  • Corrected potential problem where invalid characters could be
                  entered into a waypoint comment.
                  • Corrected potential display problems on the Altimeter Page barometer
                  plot view.
                  • Corrected contour line colors to increase visibility.

                  On May 30, 2004, at 9:19 PM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                  > OK, I got ver. 3.30 installed. Will I see any difference?
                  >
                  > Kevin
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"
                  > <lkd53@a...> wrote:
                  >> Thanks, I got it now.
                  >>
                  >> Does anyone know what the latest firmware versiom is? Mine is 3.20.
                  >>
                  >> Kevin
                  >>
                  >> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Aphrael
                  >> <aphrael32@y...> wrote:
                  >>> ok... question 1, menu trip computer, hit menu when trip computer
                  >> comes up... you can clear everything from here.. select what you want
                  >> wiped and apply..:)
                  >>> #2 menu, tracks, menu delete
                  >>> #3 you have to make sure that in your setup menu you have selected
                  >> Prompt for routing... when you want to change between them.. go to the
                  >> compass page, hit menu and recalculate... and then select off/follow
                  >> road...
                  >>>
                  >>> hope this helps
                  >>>

                  >>> Aph
                  >>>
                  >>> Kevin Dytrich <lkd53@a...> wrote:
                  >>> --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Dytrich"

                  >>> Never mind, I found out on the GC Forum. I still don't know how to
                  >>> tell what firmware version I have.
                  >>>

                  >>> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  >>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  > Service.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Kevin Dytrich
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 30, 2004
                    Yeah, I read all that stuff about half a dozen times. It doesn't look
                    like anything I'd notice. I don't even know what "diacritic marks are!

                    Thanks anyway.

                    Kevin

                    diacritic marksdiacritic marks--- In

                  • Aphrael
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 30, 2004
                      believe me the second one you'd notice..:) when you go looking for something in the h list and get z...:)

                    • Candy Lind
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 30, 2004
                        I was about to write about this, but I'm glad I read a few notes
                        farther first! Chris also cleared up MY confusion about that routing
                        vs straight line navigation stuff. I'm going to try it tomorrow on
                        the way home from DFW! Thanks, Aph!

                        Candy