So does anyone want to meet up before the event for caching?

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 21 , May 21 7:42 PM
      I'm referring to "The British Are Coming (with passports).
    • Alex Alexander
      Message 2 of 21 , May 31 1:03 PM
        Georgetown 2pm 95°F
        Fair Feels Like
        105°F

        I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came home. :)

        Alex (&Amy)
      • The Diver
        Message 3 of 21 , May 31 1:22 PM
          Welcome to Texas! The summer is just getting started.

          Alex Alexander wrote:
          > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
          > Fair Feels Like
          > 105°F
          >
          > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came home. :)
          >
          > Alex (&Amy)
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • gbmorrow
          Message 4 of 21 , May 31 2:17 PM
            Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet location
            to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...

            It's finally geocaching weather!!

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
            <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
            > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
            > Fair Feels Like
            > 105°F
            >
            > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
            home. :)

            > Alex (&Amy)
          • Essiar
            Message 5 of 21 , May 31 7:52 PM
              You should have been on top of Enchanted Rock today. 103 degrees in
              the shade. TOASTY! Best part of the day was when I did the cache in
              the cave, felt like the AC was cranked in there. Of course my sick
              mind was thinking about all that went on in that cave over the past
              11,000 years that humans have been visiting it! :-)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
              <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
              > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet location
              > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
              >
              > It's finally geocaching weather!!
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
              > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
              > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
              > > Fair Feels Like
              > > 105°F
              > >
              > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
              > home. :)
              > >
              > > Alex (&Amy)
            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                At 03:42 22/05/2004, you wrote:
                >I'm referring to "The British Are Coming (with passports).

                You will have plenty of time for caching before the event. It will be
                between 4 and 5 years before we get US passports.

                Alex.
              • Henry Rohlfs
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                  LOL! And to think I spent the afternoon babysitting ribs and chicken on
                  the smoker!

                  >>> thediver@... 5/31/2004 3:22:08 PM >>>

                  Alex Alexander wrote:
                  > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                  > Fair Feels Like
                  > 105°F
                  >
                  > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came home.
                  :)

                  > Alex (&Amy)

                • Candy Lind
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I really
                    enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG spring ...
                    maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work? Better
                    yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                    when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit Wayne's
                    folks again ... ;-D

                    Candy

                    <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                    > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet location
                    > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                    >
                    > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                    > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                    > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                    > > Fair Feels Like
                    > > 105°F
                    > >
                    > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                    > home. :)
                    > >
                    > > Alex (&Amy)
                  • Henry Rohlfs
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                      Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
                      degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry heat,
                      IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the 90's
                      in the evening.

                      I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm not
                      looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home and when
                      the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

                      >>> candylind@... 6/1/2004 12:46:09 PM >>>

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                        Heat got you down? Go do the new night cache! GCJHKC

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"
                        <henry@p...> wrote:
                        > Candy, my folks live in Lake Havasu City, AZ, where it reaches 120
                        > degrees regularly throughout the summer. Even though it's a dry
                        heat,
                        > IT'S STILL REALLY HOT! And sometimes it actually cools down to the
                        90's
                        > in the evening.
                        >
                        > I'm just enjoying the air conditioned comfort of my office and I'm
                        not
                        > looking forward to the time between leaving the office for home
                        and when
                        > the car's air conditioner finally gets cold enough.

                        > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                        really
                        > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                        spring ...
                        > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                        Better
                        > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                        > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                        Wayne's
                        > folks again ... ;-D
                        >
                        > Candy
                      • Essiar
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                          I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
                          summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
                          than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
                          Festival!

                          <candylind@e...> wrote:
                          > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                          really
                          > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                          spring ...
                          > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                          Better
                          > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                          > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                          Wayne's
                          > folks again ... ;-D
                          >
                          > Candy
                          >
                          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                          > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                          > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                          location
                          > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                          > >
                          > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                          > >
                          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                          > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                          > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                          > > > Fair Feels Like
                          > > > 105°F
                          > > >
                          > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                          > > home. :)
                          > > >
                          > > > Alex (&Amy)
                        • Michele Pain
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                            The only thing better than a week in Maine during Lobster Festival is
                            leaving there and going to the Sierras and soaking in one of the many
                            wonderful Hot Springs...

                            Next-

                            On Jun 1, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Essiar wrote:

                            > I was just telling Jigada today how awesome it would be to have a
                            > summer home in Maine. I can't think of anything that sounds better
                            > than spending the week during August in Maine that is the Lobster
                            > Festival!
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
                            > <candylind@e...> wrote:
                            > > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                            > really
                            > > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                            > spring ...
                            > > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                            > Better
                            > > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                            > > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                            > Wayne's
                            > > folks again ... ;-D
                            > >
                            > > Candy
                            > >
                            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                            > > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                            > > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                            > location
                            > > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                            > > >
                            > > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander

                            > > > home. :)

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            > <image.tiff>
                            > <image.tiff>

                            > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

                          • dragnfyr
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                              Message
                              Thats strange, some of my most vivid memories of Maine are walking down the snow tunnels to the outhouse when I was a kid.... I guess its a matter of perspective.... :)

                              Drag

                              <candylind@e...> wrote:
                              > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                              really
                              > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                              spring ...
                              > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                              Better
                              > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                              > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                              Wayne's
                              > folks again ... ;-D
                              >
                              > Candy
                              >
                              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                              > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                              > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                              location
                              > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                              > >
                              > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                              > >
                              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                              > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                              > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                              > > > Fair Feels Like
                              > > > 105°F
                              > > >
                              > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                              > > home. :)
                              > > >
                              > > > Alex (&Amy)

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <image.tiff>
                              <image.tiff>

                              • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                            • Wayne Lind
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                Message
                                Up hill both ways no doubt.

                                <candylind@e...> wrote:
                                > Sorry, but I can live WITHOUT this temp and humidity range! I
                                really
                                > enjoyed cacheing this winter, and we had such a nice LONG
                                spring ...
                                > maybe I'll go to AZ, where "it's a DRY heat"! Would that work?
                                Better
                                > yet, I ADORED waking up to 50° (under a BLANKET!) in early August
                                > when we were in northern Maine ... I think it's time to visit
                                Wayne's
                                > folks again ... ;-D
                                >
                                > Candy
                                >
                                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                                > <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                                > > Georgetown musta had a cold front! The closest weathernet
                                location
                                > > to my qth (Bedicheck MS) was 101.8...heat index 111.6...
                                > >
                                > > It's finally geocaching weather!!
                                > >
                                > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
                                > > <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
                                > > > Georgetown 2pm 95°F
                                > > > Fair Feels Like
                                > > > 105°F
                                > > >
                                > > > I'm glad to see that it has cooled down a little since we came
                                > > home. :)
                                > > >
                                > > > Alex (&Amy)

                                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                <image.tiff>
                                <image.tiff>

                                * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                              • Aphrael
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                  Omg I do not know this man.... Honey no outhouse stories please.. they were bad the first time I heard them...:):):):)

                                  Up hill both ways no doubt.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                    Message
                                    No, that was going to school.... I could look out my front door and see the school.... only problem with it was I lived on one hill (seemed like a mountain when I was a kid) and the school was on another.... So we walked uphill going to and coming home from school.... But at least I had company, I am from a large family....

                                    Drag

                                    PS...  I do remember going lobster "fishing" with my uncle Ray..... Now a days I think they call that poaching though.....

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                      Message
                                      I love you baby.... its OK, we have plumbing nowadays....

                                      Drag

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                        Message
                                        You definately need to put a name to this town! It sounds exactly like the town my dad was born and raised in. Even the snow tunnels.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 1, 2004
                                          Message
                                          Listen my children and you shall hear,
                                          Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
                                          Up out of bed and across the floor,
                                          Hundred yard dash to the outhouse door.

                                          Poet Unknown.

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                                            Oh man Michelle, now you got me thinking of hiking the Pacific Crest
                                            Trail! Beautiful mountains, warm afternoons and cool evenings. And the
                                            trout fishing is great!

                                            >>> mpain@... 6/1/2004 9:35:23 PM >>>

                                          • Essiar
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 2, 2004
                                              Aug 4 - 8. How much lobster can you eat while you cache?
                                              http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/