archived caches in SW Travis County Park!! GRRRRR

  • candy8966
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 1:06 PM
      from "blind as a bat" logs:
      July 5 by iryshe (37 found) (ie, Jeremy archived them automatically!)

      Archived:

      Hello Geocache website staff,
      We have discovered a Geocache sticker on our education kiosk in Travis
      County's Southeast Metro Park and 3 Geocache locations for this park
      on
      your website www. geocaching.com currently listed in the section for
      zip
      code 78719 as:

      Blind as a Bat
      Have a Nice Day
      Panarama Trail

      It is against park policy to have these Geocache locations in our
      park.
      We have removed the Geocache sticker from the educational kiosk and
      will remove the cached barrels. Please remove thse listings from your
      website. Thank you.
      Rose Farmer

      Rose Farmer

      OK, Central Texas Geocachers! It's time for us to get up in arms and
      let Travis County know that we are GOOD for their parks. Please go to
      the Travis County site http://www.co.travis.tx.us and let the
      commissioners and Parks management know that we disagree with their
      policy (and educate them so that they will understand that we are
      there to help and not to hinder.). If they don't hear from ALL of us,
      we won't be heard above the rest of the "noise level" that is always
      going on in government. Let's get organized!!

      Candy aka "moosiegirl"