Re: a note about "spoilers"

  • geoham25
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
      Shame on me!
      That is a very bad Ham...

      I will put that in my signature (if I can figure out how to do it on
      these boards) and posts from now on. I think I should also post it
      on my website... just incase. Kind of like a final warning!

      Sorry about that cache you hadn't visited yet. Here's an idea: over
      the next two weeks, eat nothing but Equal (nutrasweet) and maybe it
      will cause enough short term memory loss that you'll forget where it
      was? Hmmm... probably not. :-(

      - geoHAM

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "candy8966" <candylind@e...>
      wrote:
      > Geoham25, I noticed you said you are pretty new to this, and I
      > visited your web page without realizing you would have "spoilers"
      > there. Spoilers are, for lack of a better term, "blatant hints"
      about
      > where and/or how a cache is hidden, and many people wish to avoid
      > them so that their hunts will remain "unspoiled" (uck, wish I
      could
      > think of another term to use there!). I saw pictures (and wish I
      > hadn't) of a cache I have not found, and how it is hidden. I
      suspect
      > you didn't realize, so I decided to explain here ...
      >
      > Anyway, you may wish to indicate in your sig that your website
      > includes spoilers so that others who visit will know in advance.
      > Either that, or you may decide to picture caches AWAY from their
      > actual locations, or just show the surrounding natural beauty and
      not
      > show the cache at all. That's what we usually do. There are some
      > spectacularly beautiful cache sites in our area!
      >
      > Glad to have you and "kahuna" on board ... tell him he has company
      in
      > the "get in shape" department ... I started working out 2 weeks
      ago
      > (UGH, getting up at 4:45 in the a.m. stinks!) so that I could make
      it
      > on the 3 and 3.5 star caches around here without having a stroke.
      I'm