Cool Magnetic Micro-Nano Cache Container! Rave Reviews!

  • kipkay2000
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2004
      Are you looking for a unique, tiny micro cache? This may be just
      what you are looking for. Mr. Magneto is a magnetic micro-nano cache
      that is real small. Only 7/16" tall by 5/16" in diameter and holds a
      small log with room for initials. You can also put in a strip that
      contans coordinates for a multi-cache. The magnetic base is strong
      and best of all this is a rust-proof container! They are available
      on Ebay. Do a search for "mini micro geocache"! Enjoy!
    • Michele Pain
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2004
        Who's KipKay?

        Wow - this is as close to SPAM as I've seen on our group.
        sounds like a cool thing though

        On May 4, 2004, at 12:26 PM, kipkay2000 wrote:

        > Are you looking for a unique, tiny micro cache? This may be just
        > what you are looking for. Mr. Magneto is a magnetic micro-nano cache
        > that is real small. Only 7/16" tall by 5/16" in diameter and holds a
        > small log with room for initials. You can also put in a strip that
        > contans coordinates for a multi-cache. The magnetic base is strong
        > and best of all this is a rust-proof container! They are available
        > on Ebay. Do a search for "mini micro geocache"! Enjoy!

        > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

      • lowracer
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2004
          > Who's KipKay?

          KipKay's an eBayer from Florida. You decide if it's spam.

          > sounds like a cool thing though

          Yeah but it doesn't appear to be waterproof, so its use as a micro
          container is limited to the first rainstorm... And for the price these
          are going for on eBay, you could buy a trunkload of ammo cans.
        • gbmorrow
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2004
            Hi kipkay2000:

            Since you just joined the group today, and since your first post was
            an advertisement for yourself (I trust you are the same seller who
            showed up when I did your suggested ebay search) I was just wondering
            if you joined this group only for the purpose of advertising here, or
            is it possible you are a geocacher living in, near, or interested in
            geocaching in or near Central Texas?

            I'm only guessing how others might feel, but for me, I think you'd
            get a little better reaction (and maybe even a possible response) if
            you were honest in your post and just let people know you're selling
            stuff on ebay they might be interested in. A good way to do that is
            to pre-pend "ADV" to your subject line. From earlier conversations
            here, I think its safe to say that some of the members despise all
            spam posted here, while some don't mind as long as it is relevant and
            honest. While the stuff you have for sell might be relevant, it
            certainly was not honest to pretend to give a personal review when it
            fact it was just ad for your ebay business....

            this is just guessing you'll even bother checking back here for

            just my 2 cents (cheap at half the price)
          • Scott Robuck
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2004
              Thanks...

              Scott Robuck
              Team GeoDillo
              N 30° 12.4'
              W 97° 50.4'

              This email is an all natural product. The slight variations in
              spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and
              beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

              KipKay2000 cross posted in several other geocaching groups, the exact same
              message, so he is just a spammer. His email is from a Tampa Bay Road Runner
              account.

              Scott
            • Eoghan
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2004
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
                <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
                > to pre-pend "ADV" to your subject line. From earlier conversations
                > here, I think its safe to say that some of the members despise all
                > spam posted here, while some don't mind as long as it is relevant
                and
                > honest.

                Gotta agree with you. A disingenuous way of plugging his items.
                At least it's definitely on-topic.