Clancy/The Rainbow Bridge

  • grrlfrog71
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2004
      What a wonderful memorial.

      Dan, CacheChow and I are very sorry to hear of your loss and send our
      thoughts. I lost a dog last summer and though I only had her for two
      months, it was a very painful experience. I can totally relate.
      When she passed away someone sent me this poem and I thought it was
      very beautiful. Maybe Scott can add it to Clancy's memorial on his
      website?

      "Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

      "When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
      that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all
      of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is
      plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and
      comfortable.

      "All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
      vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
      just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The
      animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each
      miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
      They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly
      stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His
      eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying
      over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

      "You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
      meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
      The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
      beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
      pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

      "Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

      Author unknown

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Robuck"

      http://www.robuck.net/geocaching/clancy/