Hunting for Hidden Gold

  • BlazerMan
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
      to follow through with and idea I had a while back:

      Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
      the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.

      No more hints for a while.

      -BlazerMan
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
        Cool!
        Let's GO, Austin!

        to follow through with and idea I had a while back:

        Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
        the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.

        No more hints for a while.

        -BlazerMan

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
          The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
          instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
            The instructions are attached to the gold.

            Sorry for the confusion!

            <wlind@a...> wrote:
            > The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
            > instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

          • Henry Rohlfs
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
              But Wayne you've admitted you're easily confused.

              >>> blazerman_atx@... 4/16/2004 2:03:56 PM >>>

              <wlind@a...> wrote:
              > The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
              > instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                No, I have admitted to being permanently confused. It's different.

                <wlind@a...> wrote:
                > The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
                > instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

              • Henry Rohlfs
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                  Ok, sorry for the confusion. Oh wait, you're the one confused... or I
                  am... dang, Wayne, it's contagious!

                  >>> wlind@... 4/16/2004 2:11:08 PM >>>

                  <wlind@a...> wrote:
                  > The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
                  > instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

                • Joan Whistler
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                    No Wayne, I think you are confused about that. :-)

                    <wlind@a...> wrote:
                    > The instructions attached to the gold? or were there suppose to be
                    > instructions attached to this mail? Slightly confused.

                  • Rachel
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                      MCP! I have to agree - caches with a twist, new and exciting,
                      that's what makes it fun! Easter eggs just seemed appropriate
                      during our road trip to Texas over the holiday. The NEXT one will
                      be even better - hopefully more people will play!

                      BlazerMan, where do you get your geo coins made??

                      Carry on with the fun!

                      Happy weekend! It's an excellent Spring day in Colorado!

                      Happy caching,
                      Pumpkin Princess

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "BlazerMan"
                      <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:
                      going
                      > to follow through with and idea I had a while back:
                      >
                      > Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it
                      using
                      > the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.
                      >
                      > No more hints for a while.
                      >
                      > -BlazerMan
                    • BlazerMan
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                        Rachel,

                        Check out www.txgeocoins.com.

                        Steve.

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel"
                        <rachelincolorado@y...> wrote:
                        > MCP! I have to agree - caches with a twist, new and exciting,
                        > that's what makes it fun! Easter eggs just seemed appropriate
                        > during our road trip to Texas over the holiday. The NEXT one will
                        > be even better - hopefully more people will play!
                        >
                        > BlazerMan, where do you get your geo coins made??
                        >
                        > Carry on with the fun!
                        >
                        > Happy weekend! It's an excellent Spring day in Colorado!
                        >
                        > Happy caching,
                        > Pumpkin Princess
                      • Rachel
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                          steve,

                          it appears that the link is broken??? thoughts???

                          thank YOU!!!

                          Rachel

                          <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:
                          > Rachel,
                          >
                          > Check out www.txgeocoins.com.
                          >
                          > Steve.
                        • BlazerMan
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                            Their site must be down. The link is good.

                            <rachelincolorado@y...> wrote:
                            > steve,
                            >
                            > it appears that the link is broken??? thoughts???
                            >
                            > thank YOU!!!
                            >
                            > Rachel
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "BlazerMan"
                            > <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:
                            > > Rachel,
                            > >
                            > > Check out www.txgeocoins.com.
                            > >
                            > > Steve.
                          • Rachel
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                              no worries, I'll keep trying! perhaps the big next thing should
                              be "geocuffs" - you know, like handcuffs. I'm not one to make
                              waves, I have opinions and lately they haven't been so encouraging!
                              ha! hmmmmmmm, think I need a copyright now!

                              cheers!

                              <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:

                              > Their site must be down. The link is good.
                              >
                              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel"
                              > <rachelincolorado@y...> wrote:
                              > > steve,
                              > >
                              > > it appears that the link is broken??? thoughts???
                              > >
                              > > thank YOU!!!
                              > >
                              > > Rachel
                            • BlazerMan
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                                Sorry, one more clarification:

                                The prize goes to the _first_ to log it using the instructions that
                                are attached to the gold.

                                BlazarMan.

                                <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:
                                going
                                > to follow through with and idea I had a while back:
                                >
                                > Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
                                > the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.
                                >
                                > No more hints for a while.
                                >
                                > -BlazerMan
                              • Mark Gessner
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                                  Dang, I was out caching today, saw the gold bar with the instructions
                                  (dang thing was heavy too), and since I didn't have any keychains or
                                  McBeanies to trade for it, I just left it there. I wasn't aware it
                                  was part of a game.
                                  -mark

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 16, 2004
                                    you a TX geocoin for it. :-)

                                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner

                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 20, 2004
                                      It has come to my attention that the gold has been moved from the
                                      cache that I put it in. It's still out there in a geocache, I just
                                      don't know exactly which one it is now.

                                      The contest still stands:

                                      Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
                                      the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.

                                      The prize goes to the _first_ to log it using the instructions that
                                      are attached to the gold.

                                      - BlazerMan
                                    • Candy Lind
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 20, 2004
                                        <blazerman_atx@y...> wrote:
                                        > It has come to my attention that the gold has been moved from the
                                        > cache that I put it in. It's still out there in a geocache, I just
                                        > don't know exactly which one it is now.
                                        >
                                        > The contest still stands:
                                        >
                                        > Find the "gold" that I hid in an Austin area geocache, log it using
                                        > the attached instructions, and win a Texas Geocoin.
                                        >
                                        > The prize goes to the _first_ to log it using the instructions that
                                        > are attached to the gold.
                                        >
                                        > - BlazerMan

                                        OK, we need some HELP here! Who picked it up (I'm assuming you
                                        know!)? OR ... where was it before it moved? This is a really small
                                        percentage opportunity unless we can narrow it down even just a
                                        little bit!

                                        Candy
                                      • Joan Whistler
                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 20, 2004
                                          Seems like I remember seeing a post here 2 or 3 weeks ago from someone who said they found some gold in a cache ... can't remember who, but maybe you can track it down that way.
                                          Joan
                                          UGoGirl

                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 20, 2004
                                            I'm afraid the answer to your question would narrow it down too much.

                                            I was hoping someone on this list might find it by luck, but here is
                                            the first official (nearly a spoiler) hint so that one may find it by
                                            deduction:

                                            When I logged the original cache on GC.com, I indicated that I'd
                                            placed the item in question.

                                            - BlazerMan

                                            > OK, we need some HELP here! Who picked it up (I'm assuming you
                                            > know!)? OR ... where was it before it moved? This is a really small
                                            > percentage opportunity unless we can narrow it down even just a
                                            > little bit!
                                            >
                                            > Candy
                                          • BlazerMan

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jul 7, 2004
                                                The contest has been won!

                                                Gadget Girl found my bookcrossing book "Hunting for Hidden Gold" in
                                                Lost in Lakeway #5. She registered it at bookcrossing.com at 8:34AM
                                                this morning.

                                                My idea for this contest was hatched well over a year ago. The book
                                                was placed in Lowracer's Multiple Guess Cache on 4/30/2003. The
                                                contest started on 4/16/2004. The book was moved to Lost in Lakeway
                                                #5 around 5/20/2004 when Multiple Guess was archived. I'll be
                                                turning over the prize (a shiny new Texas GeoCoin) shortly.

                                                Congratulations!

                                                -----------------------------------
                                                From BookCrossing Journal Alerts
                                                Sent Wednesday, July 7, 2004 8:34 am
                                                To BlazerMan
                                                Subject New BookCrossing journal entry for Hunting for Hidden Gold
                                                (His Hardy Boys Mystery Stories)!

                                                Someone has made a new journal entry on one of your books at
                                                BookCrossing.com! We've displayed the entry below, but you can read
                                                all the
                                                entries at http://bookcrossing.com/journal/662399 anytime.

                                                Book Title: Hunting for Hidden Gold (His Hardy Boys Mystery Stories)
                                                Author: Franklin W. Dixon
                                                Wednesday, July 07, 2004

                                                Found this book in a Geocache called Lost in Lakeway #5. A friend of
                                                mine placed it there, so it could be found as part of a "gold" find!
                                                Now to claim the prize!!!

                                                By tanyamp from Austin, Texas USA
                                                Book Rating: out of 10

                                                Tell your friends! http://www.bookcrossing.com/tellafriend