RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Finding out about new caches quickly?

  • Henry Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
      LOL! Just for the record, neither of us claim FTF on each other's
      caches. It just wouldn't be fair.

      And trust me, I have to pay an awful lot for her to sleep with me! As
      Karen always says, "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine,
      too."

      >>> julieperrine@... 4/1/2004 2:59:02 PM >>>
      Yes, Henry, but Tropical Diva's willing to SLEEP with you, so the rest
      of us just hang on to our money in your case!

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
        I'm certain Bilderback in San Antonio does, but now that I've figured out how to do it, I just might try it myself! LOL

        Candy Lind    candylind@...
        I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
        Geocaching worldwide:
        http://www.geocaching.com     in Texas:  http://www.txga.net
        in the Austin area:

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
            From what I hear, that whole ftf thing just isn't all its cracked up
            to be. I've seen several folks whose fallen into that trap, and
            they just don't seem like very happy people….they walk around like
            they have a itch that, no matter how much it gets scatched, just
            won't go away….a thirst that just can't be quenched. I've heard
            that the APA is thinking about an entry into the DSM about ftf
            syndrome…some cities have 12 step programs started for it. Danger
            signs include inability to sleep through the night, getting up
            several times to check email and the internet…..leaving the comfort
            of home and loved ones to go rushing out into the cold and the rain
            and the dark of night…some are even seen practicing the circle of
            shame over and over again. So if you know anyone in Austin that is
            starting to act like they might get ftf fever, stop them, stop them
            before its too late!!

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Hobbs" > How
            does one try for FTF on a cache without paying the hider off? Is
            > there some sort of instant notification? Are y'all just looking
            at Austin listings on a daily basis? What's the best way to look
            for new caches?
          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
              <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#800080>Uh, Greg, you been lookin'
              in your wife's big full length mirror again? ;-D

              Candy Lind candylind@...
              I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
              Geocaching worldwide: http://www.geocaching.com in Texas:
              http://www.txga.net
              in the Austin area:
              </FONT>
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"
              <gmorrow@b...> wrote:
              > From what I hear, that whole ftf thing just isn't all its cracked
              up
              > to be. I've seen several folks whose fallen into that trap, and
              > they just don't seem like very happy people….they walk around like
              > they have a itch that, no matter how much it gets scatched, just
              > won't go away….a thirst that just can't be quenched. I've heard
              > that the APA is thinking about an entry into the DSM about ftf
              > syndrome…some cities have 12 step programs started for it. Danger
              > signs include inability to sleep through the night, getting up
              > several times to check email and the internet…..leaving the comfort
              > of home and loved ones to go rushing out into the cold and the rain
              > and the dark of night…some are even seen practicing the circle of
              > shame over and over again. So if you know anyone in Austin that is
              > starting to act like they might get ftf fever, stop them, stop them
              > before its too late!!

            • Karen
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
                I'm dying here.   Submitted a cache on TUESDAY... 10 new caches have been approved near by but NOOOO not MINE!!!

                So, I'm taking it into my own hands and posting it here for you FTF addicts!!

                Multi-Cache You Call It Jogging, I Call It Running Around
                [Click to temporarily disable]

                by Tropical Diva [profile]

                Cache Issues:

                • This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.
                N 30° 15.735 W 097° 44.920 (WGS84)

                UTM: 14R E 620374 N 3348508
                or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

                Click icon to download:

                Read about waypoint downloads

                In Texas, United States [view map]
                Hidden: 3/30/2004
                Use waypoint: GCJ25W (what's this?)
                Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

                Note:To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

                (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
                Difficulty:  ***  Terrain: **

                This is a 4.2 mile loop on a running trail and was meant to be found that way. (Which is how I placed it.) BUT!!! It is VERY doable by car if you park and grab each redirector. The Coordinates above are for the 1st redirector.... and there are a few.

                Ironically enough, the title of this cache is the same title as one of Jimmy Buffett's songs, but it fits! The final cache is in a 5x5x2 tupperware type container full of tropical loot. Part of the difficulty in this find is staying stealth. There are MANY muggles, be careful!

                Additional Hints (Decrypt)

                Decryption Key
                (letter above equals below,
                and vice versa)

                ****Nyy erqverpgbef ner zntargvp fgevcf
                Fvg ba n orapu naq rawbl gur sbhagnva!

                Nsgre ehaavat guvf sne, lbh qrfreir n jngre oernx naq n erfg. Unir n frng!

                Unys jnl gurer!! Ernq gur zrzbevny gura fvg qbja naq gnxr n oernx.

                Lbh guvax lbh ner gurer, ohg lbh nera'g.

                Or QVFPERRG !

              • Karen