Re: dry humor

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 21 , May 6, 2003
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gessner"
      <mgessner@a...> wrote:

      I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
      witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest. I'm bad about
      that. People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
      they say I have a dry sense of humor. Took my wife years to catch on
      to it.
      -mark
      aka "lowracer"

      This sounds like Wayne's boss at work -- very dry, lots of irony, and
      we are constantly trying to decide if he's serious or if he's yanking
      our chain again. He's interested in geocaching, and if he gets
      active, LOOK OUT! We're in for some fun and challenging hides.

      Candy
    • jeff
      Message 2 of 21 , May 6, 2003

        I will try and get it to that cache by 5pm today. If I do I will email you that it has been placed. If not I am caching with my sister (Big Mo) tonight and she can get it over to you because she works pretty close to that area.

        Thanks

        Jeff Grajek

        -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
        <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
        > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

        I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
        witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
        that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
        they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
        to it.

        > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
        take the TB form LMG/ ME.

        I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
        of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
        it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
        let the refs figure out the official timing.

        -mark
        aka "lowracer"

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

      • jeff
        Message 3 of 21 , May 6, 2003
          Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton Head Guardian" (GC270b).  I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up on his way home.  If you pick it before then, I guess let -lowrace know. I don't know if he is getting these emails so if anyone knows how to contact him at the office could you confirm with him the spudster is waiting for him there.

          Thanks
          Grajek

          <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
          > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

          I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
          witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
          that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
          they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
          to it.

          > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
          take the TB form LMG/ ME.

          I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
          of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
          it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
          let the refs figure out the official timing.

          -mark
          aka "lowracer"

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

        • Mark Gessner
          Message 4 of 21 , May 6, 2003
            Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
            and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
            resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
            into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
            Message 5 of 21 , May 6, 2003
              Yes it is, I am ready to get playing again Thanks again for picking it up
              and hope to see ya on the trails.
              > Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
              > and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
              > resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
              > into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
              > wrote:
              > > Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton
              > Head Guardian" (GC270b). I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up
              > on his way home.

            • Grajek
              Message 6 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                having some fun!!!! :-)

                Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                To: Team Bubba,

                SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                Grajek
              • Mark Gessner
                Message 7 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                  I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                  would be in line with the original referee call. Let's decide soon
                  because this spud's SO insulting! Who programmed this thing anyway?

                  On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11 PM, Grajek wrote:

                  > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                  > enough
                  > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                  > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                  > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                  > having some fun!!!! :-)
                  >
                  > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                  >
                  > To: Team Bubba,
                  >

                  > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  >
                  > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                  >
                  > Grajek

                  -mark
                • Scott & Charlotte
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 6, 2003

                    The following refs decision has been made and posted as a note on the Mr. Hot Potato Head bug page.

                    The refs decision is for Mr. Hot Potato Head to be placed within 5 miles of either Enchanted Forest cache or the Britannia Manor cache. However, the current holder (Lowracer) we need to electronically log it in and out of whichever of the two caches he chooses to use as a starting point before it is logged into a new cache.  That way the distance to the new cache will be calculated properly.

                    Scott Robuck

                    N 30° 12.4'

                    W 97° 50.4'

                    "Trying is the first step towards failure."

                                                  -- Homer Simpson

                    I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                    would be in line with the original referee call.   Let's decide soon
                    because this spud's SO insulting!  Who programmed this thing anyway?

                    On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11  PM, Grajek wrote:

                    > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                    > enough
                    > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                    > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                    > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                    > having some fun!!!! :-)
                    >
                    > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                    >
                    > To: Team Bubba,
                    >

                    > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    >
                    > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                    >
                    > Grajek

                    -mark

                  • Wayne Lind
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                      Hmmmmm, one free placement south of the river. Mexico City?   :)
                      I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                      to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                      the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                      should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                      having some fun!!!! :-)

                      Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                      To: Team Bubba,

                      SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                      Grajek

                    • jeff
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 8, 2003
                        Can't wait to see the new and improved caches lowracer as selflessly
                        gathered up and started to work on. Can't wait for schoolhouse rocks and the
                        mystery one. those look really easy and fun. If possible could you do the
                        Electromagnetic Fields forever and Unreasonable search and seizure first.
                        Unreasonable because I have not done yet and looks cool and I really like
                        Electromagnetic because it is so cool to have a reason to be out there at
                        night and hearing the Coyotes, and watching Choco go nuts. And, USS" looks
                        like it might be a challenge.

                        Anyway thanks for keeping us safe and geocaching improving in general. If
                        you need some help with the one by the dam let me know I was thinking about
                        adding another leg to mine down that way.

                        Thanks
                        Grajek