Garmin Mapsource

  • thediver@austingeocacher.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 9:05 AM
      Hello All,

      Since I don't have Garmin Mapsource, could someone please setup up a simple
      route between Austin and San Antonio along I-35 (use around 10 waypoints) and
      send me the saved route. I would like one for my GPSBabel tips and tricks -
      geocaching and route planning - part 2 page.

      Speaking of GPSBabel, version 1.2.2 is available but Garmin users need to stay
      with version 1.2.1 at the moment. Transfers to Garmin's appears to be broken in
      version 1.2.2.

      There is also a Macintosh gui wrapper for GPSBabel called MacGPSBabel which I've
      been playing with over the last week. It is tied to GPSBabel 1.2.2 so it also
      has the garmin download problem also. Home page is here:
      http://gpsbabel.sf.net

      Alan
      aka The Diver
    • Trey Bielefeld
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 11:26 AM
        I'll be sending the MPS file to you shortly.

        --Trey

        > Since I don't have Garmin Mapsource, could someone please setup up a
        simple
        > route between Austin and San Antonio along I-35 (use around 10 waypoints)
        and
        > send me the saved route. I would like one for my GPSBabel tips and
        tricks -
        > geocaching and route planning - part 2 page.
        >
        > Speaking of GPSBabel, version 1.2.2 is available but Garmin users need to
        stay
        > with version 1.2.1 at the moment. Transfers to Garmin's appears to be
        broken in
        > version 1.2.2.
        >
        > There is also a Macintosh gui wrapper for GPSBabel called MacGPSBabel
        which I've
        > been playing with over the last week. It is tied to GPSBabel 1.2.2 so it
        also
        > has the garmin download problem also. Home page is here:
        > http://gpsbabel.sf.net
        >
        > Alan
        > aka The Diver
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • The Diver
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 5:41 PM
          Trey,

          What version of Mapsource is the file from?

          Thanks,

          Alan