RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: cache-a-thon update

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hey WCB,
      Let me tell you, it's really different caching in a city where you've got HUNDREDS of caches to choose from and NONE that you've already found. In four days, we were able to tell that ParkerPlus is one of our favorite hiders, and we even considered a dedicated ParkerPlus weekend next time. There were other memorable hides, some memorable DNF's, and some we're trying hard to FORGET! We all agreed that Skim Milk was the best cache we did.

      We made a big push for numbers on Sunday and ended up with 41 at 8pm when we had a little emergency and had to call it off. At that point, though, we were feeling good and excited about trying to reach 50. My previous record was 34, so 41 is pretty good. Caching for numbers is almost a whole different sport. It's all about teamwork, planning and navigation. We passed by multi's (not all multi's though!) and we skipped everything that had a DNF posted as the last log. No 5/5's, no trading, and no long hikes. It's certainly not how I want to cache every day, but it's a rush every once in a while.

      Thanks to everyone in Houston who hid something for us!