Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cache Approvals

  • Henry Rohlfs
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      Geez Wayne, at least you could have included "and the cache container is
      hidden in the roots of the second large oak tree to the right of the old
      mailbox."

      >>> wlind@... 4/1/2004 9:30:46 AM >>>
      A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
      reviewer. I would encourage to use the "Note to Approver" section to
      provide
      as much information as you can. For the last 2 that I did, I gave them
      the
      GC numbers and distances to the closest caches, direct information
      about the
      cache. The more information you provide, the less work they have to do
      on
      their end. Below is the note I attached to the last cache I placed, it
      was
      approved in a matter of a couple of hours, and I am fairly convinced
      that
      the reason is the information I provided.

      "Cache is located on a road right of way. There is a scenic turnout at
      the
      location so there is a place to park off the road. From the parking
      area,
      finders will have to cross the road, but this is not a high traffic
      road and
      there is good visibility in both directions. To my knowledge, there are
      no
      caches within miles of this spot. The closest caches to this spot are
      GCH542
      at 4.21 mi, GCHMH0 at 3.37 mi and GCEB81 at 1.79 Mi. Thanks, Wayne"

      Wayne

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Wayne Lind

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
          the form:

          My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
          whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
          In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
          Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
          morning. Thanks!

          -mark
          On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

          > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
          > reviewer.
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            I need to get a job as a cache reviewer!

            I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
            the form:

            My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
            whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
            In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
            Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
            morning. Thanks!

            -mark
            On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

            > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
            > reviewer.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
              I must have left that part out. I'll remember it for next time. :)