Re: May Potluck/Cache Approval

  • jnjwalla
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      From what I gather, caches go into a queue and are assigned to an
      approver. The approver attempts to go through their queue within 72
      hours. I had the same problem last month when I sent 2 items out
      within 36 hours, and had a response to the later item faster than the
      approval on the first.
      John

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karenj@a...>
      wrote:
      > OK I am wondering what's going on? I submitted a multi cache on
      Tuesday
      > evening and it STILL hasn't been approved!!! Any hints?

      Service.
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        Geez Wayne, at least you could have included "and the cache container is
        hidden in the roots of the second large oak tree to the right of the old
        mailbox."

        >>> wlind@... 4/1/2004 9:30:46 AM >>>
        A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
        reviewer. I would encourage to use the "Note to Approver" section to
        provide
        as much information as you can. For the last 2 that I did, I gave them
        the
        GC numbers and distances to the closest caches, direct information
        about the
        cache. The more information you provide, the less work they have to do
        on
        their end. Below is the note I attached to the last cache I placed, it
        was
        approved in a matter of a couple of hours, and I am fairly convinced
        that
        the reason is the information I provided.

        "Cache is located on a road right of way. There is a scenic turnout at
        the
        location so there is a place to park off the road. From the parking
        area,
        finders will have to cross the road, but this is not a high traffic
        road and
        there is good visibility in both directions. To my knowledge, there are
        no
        caches within miles of this spot. The closest caches to this spot are
        GCH542
        at 4.21 mi, GCHMH0 at 3.37 mi and GCEB81 at 1.79 Mi. Thanks, Wayne"

        Wayne

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Wayne Lind

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
            the form:

            My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
            whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
            In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
            Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
            morning. Thanks!

            -mark
            On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

            > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
            > reviewer.
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
              I need to get a job as a cache reviewer!

              I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
              the form:

              My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
              whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
              In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
              Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
              morning. Thanks!

              -mark
              On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

              > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
              > reviewer.

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                I must have left that part out. I'll remember it for next time. :)