RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] May Potluck/Cache Approval

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      OK I am wondering what's going on?  I submitted a multi cache on Tuesday evening and it STILL hasn't been approved!!!  Any hints?
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        From what I gather, caches go into a queue and are assigned to an
        approver. The approver attempts to go through their queue within 72
        hours. I had the same problem last month when I sent 2 items out
        within 36 hours, and had a response to the later item faster than the
        approval on the first.
        John

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karenj@a...>
        wrote:
        > OK I am wondering what's going on? I submitted a multi cache on
        Tuesday
        > evening and it STILL hasn't been approved!!! Any hints?

        Service.
      • Henry Rohlfs
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          Geez Wayne, at least you could have included "and the cache container is
          hidden in the roots of the second large oak tree to the right of the old
          mailbox."

          >>> wlind@... 4/1/2004 9:30:46 AM >>>
          A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
          reviewer. I would encourage to use the "Note to Approver" section to
          provide
          as much information as you can. For the last 2 that I did, I gave them
          the
          GC numbers and distances to the closest caches, direct information
          about the
          cache. The more information you provide, the less work they have to do
          on
          their end. Below is the note I attached to the last cache I placed, it
          was
          approved in a matter of a couple of hours, and I am fairly convinced
          that
          the reason is the information I provided.

          "Cache is located on a road right of way. There is a scenic turnout at
          the
          location so there is a place to park off the road. From the parking
          area,
          finders will have to cross the road, but this is not a high traffic
          road and
          there is good visibility in both directions. To my knowledge, there are
          no
          caches within miles of this spot. The closest caches to this spot are
          GCH542
          at 4.21 mi, GCHMH0 at 3.37 mi and GCEB81 at 1.79 Mi. Thanks, Wayne"

          Wayne

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Wayne Lind

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
              I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
              the form:

              My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
              whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
              In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
              Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
              morning. Thanks!

              -mark
              On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

              > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
              > reviewer.
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                I need to get a job as a cache reviewer!

                I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
                the form:

                My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
                whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
                In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
                Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
                morning. Thanks!

                -mark
                On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
                > reviewer.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Wayne Lind
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                  I must have left that part out. I'll remember it for next time. :)