May Potluck

  • Mo
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      Alrighty! The May potluck has been approved! And in record time I
      might add....thanks 9Key!

      Check it out and plan on coming out! GCJ2D4

      Big Mo
    • Karen

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          From what I gather, caches go into a queue and are assigned to an
          approver. The approver attempts to go through their queue within 72
          hours. I had the same problem last month when I sent 2 items out
          within 36 hours, and had a response to the later item faster than the
          approval on the first.
          John

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <karenj@a...>
          wrote:
          > OK I am wondering what's going on? I submitted a multi cache on
          Tuesday
          > evening and it STILL hasn't been approved!!! Any hints?

          Service.
        • Henry Rohlfs
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            Geez Wayne, at least you could have included "and the cache container is
            hidden in the roots of the second large oak tree to the right of the old
            mailbox."

            >>> wlind@... 4/1/2004 9:30:46 AM >>>
            A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
            reviewer. I would encourage to use the "Note to Approver" section to
            provide
            as much information as you can. For the last 2 that I did, I gave them
            the
            GC numbers and distances to the closest caches, direct information
            about the
            cache. The more information you provide, the less work they have to do
            on
            their end. Below is the note I attached to the last cache I placed, it
            was
            approved in a matter of a couple of hours, and I am fairly convinced
            that
            the reason is the information I provided.

            "Cache is located on a road right of way. There is a scenic turnout at
            the
            location so there is a place to park off the road. From the parking
            area,
            finders will have to cross the road, but this is not a high traffic
            road and
            there is good visibility in both directions. To my knowledge, there are
            no
            caches within miles of this spot. The closest caches to this spot are
            GCH542
            at 4.21 mi, GCHMH0 at 3.37 mi and GCEB81 at 1.79 Mi. Thanks, Wayne"

            Wayne

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Wayne Lind

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
                the form:

                My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
                whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
                In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
                Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
                morning. Thanks!

                -mark
                On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
                > reviewer.
              • Wayne Lind
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                  I need to get a job as a cache reviewer!

                  I try to include a note to reviewer as well. My notes usually are of
                  the form:

                  My visa number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, exp XX/XX. Please charge
                  whatever amount you feel is appropriate to ensure a speedy approval.
                  In addition, on the day of cache approval, if you'll kindly leave your
                  Porsche parked in the driveway, it will be clean and waxed by the next
                  morning. Thanks!

                  -mark
                  On Apr 1, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Wayne Lind wrote:

                  > A great deal depends on how much information you provide to the cache
                  > reviewer.

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Wayne Lind
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                    I must have left that part out. I'll remember it for next time. :)