RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: a foul spud

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 21 , May 5 8:39 PM
      Thanks Candy. See my last post. it was easy to guess because most of the
      caches are south. I think you would have figured it pretty easy also. I
      Also got a little lucky. Seeing that the park was closed on Monday
      cinched it for me though. In the end it worked out real well for team
      yuppie. The only reason I didn't go to "Britannia Manor - Skeleton Head
      Guardian"(GC270B) 4.9 miles away from "Enchanted Forest was because I
      blew past city park road while screwing around with my GPS. I did know
      If the final cache at VRL was with in five mile or not but after seeing
      I had a half mile to the next leg and the post said be prepared for a
      two mile walk I thought I would walk to the half mile get the next
      coordinates. And do the math. I see everyone's points and have no
      problem giving the TB to Team Yuppie. I misinterpreted the rules, (I
      don't agree that I did), and was penalized. That is all part of the
      game. I really do just want to have fun with this game and geochaching.
      I mistook certain statements as accusations of cheating and I should
      have known better that you all would not do that. That was my fault and
      I apologize.

      I am still lobbying for the unfair advantage team Bubby seems to have.
      Of course Scott and another player are not sure I am right about this.
      Name of second player left out to protect the innocent.

      Thanks Grajek

      Message 2 of 21 , May 6 6:34 AM
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
        <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
        > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

        I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
        witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest. I'm bad about
        that. People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
        they say I have a dry sense of humor. Took my wife years to catch on
        to it.

        > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
        take the TB form LMG/ ME.

        I will be glad to get the bug from you. I work on Metric just north
        of Research. Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
        it there. How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home. We can
        let the refs figure out the official timing.

        -mark
        aka "lowracer"
      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 21 , May 6 7:45 AM
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gessner"
          <mgessner@a...> wrote:

          I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
          witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest. I'm bad about
          that. People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
          they say I have a dry sense of humor. Took my wife years to catch on
          to it.
          -mark
          aka "lowracer"

          This sounds like Wayne's boss at work -- very dry, lots of irony, and
          we are constantly trying to decide if he's serious or if he's yanking
          our chain again. He's interested in geocaching, and if he gets
          active, LOOK OUT! We're in for some fun and challenging hides.

          Candy
        • jeff
          Message 4 of 21 , May 6 9:53 AM

            I will try and get it to that cache by 5pm today. If I do I will email you that it has been placed. If not I am caching with my sister (Big Mo) tonight and she can get it over to you because she works pretty close to that area.

            Thanks

            Jeff Grajek

            <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
            > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

            I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
            witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
            that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
            they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
            to it.

            > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
            take the TB form LMG/ ME.

            I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
            of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
            it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
            let the refs figure out the official timing.

            -mark
            aka "lowracer"

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

          • jeff
            Message 5 of 21 , May 6 11:36 AM
              Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton Head Guardian" (GC270b).  I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up on his way home.  If you pick it before then, I guess let -lowrace know. I don't know if he is getting these emails so if anyone knows how to contact him at the office could you confirm with him the spudster is waiting for him there.

              Thanks
              Grajek

              <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
              > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

              I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
              witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
              that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
              they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
              to it.

              > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
              take the TB form LMG/ ME.

              I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
              of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
              it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
              let the refs figure out the official timing.

              -mark
              aka "lowracer"

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

            • Mark Gessner
              Message 6 of 21 , May 6 1:47 PM
                Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
                and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
                resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
                into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
                Message 7 of 21 , May 6 2:51 PM
                  Yes it is, I am ready to get playing again Thanks again for picking it up
                  and hope to see ya on the trails.
                  > Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
                  > and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
                  > resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
                  > into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton
                  > Head Guardian" (GC270b). I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up
                  > on his way home.

                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 6 5:11 PM
                    I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                    to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                    the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                    should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                    having some fun!!!! :-)

                    Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                    To: Team Bubba,

                    SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                    Grajek
                  • Mark Gessner
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 6 5:16 PM
                      I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                      would be in line with the original referee call. Let's decide soon
                      because this spud's SO insulting! Who programmed this thing anyway?

                      On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11 PM, Grajek wrote:

                      > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                      > enough
                      > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                      > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                      > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                      > having some fun!!!! :-)
                      >
                      > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                      >
                      > To: Team Bubba,
                      >

                      > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      >
                      > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                      >
                      > Grajek

                      -mark
                    • Scott & Charlotte
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 6 5:25 PM

                        The following refs decision has been made and posted as a note on the Mr. Hot Potato Head bug page.

                        The refs decision is for Mr. Hot Potato Head to be placed within 5 miles of either Enchanted Forest cache or the Britannia Manor cache. However, the current holder (Lowracer) we need to electronically log it in and out of whichever of the two caches he chooses to use as a starting point before it is logged into a new cache.  That way the distance to the new cache will be calculated properly.

                        Scott Robuck

                        N 30° 12.4'

                        W 97° 50.4'

                        "Trying is the first step towards failure."

                                                      -- Homer Simpson

                        I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                        would be in line with the original referee call.   Let's decide soon
                        because this spud's SO insulting!  Who programmed this thing anyway?

                        On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11  PM, Grajek wrote:

                        > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                        > enough
                        > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                        > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                        > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                        > having some fun!!!! :-)
                        >
                        > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                        >
                        > To: Team Bubba,
                        >

                        > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        >
                        > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                        >
                        > Grajek

                        -mark

                      • Wayne Lind
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 6 6:56 PM
                          Hmmmmm, one free placement south of the river. Mexico City?   :)
                          I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                          to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                          the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                          should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                          having some fun!!!! :-)

                          Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                          To: Team Bubba,

                          SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                          Grajek

                        • jeff
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 8 2:51 PM
                            Can't wait to see the new and improved caches lowracer as selflessly
                            gathered up and started to work on. Can't wait for schoolhouse rocks and the
                            mystery one. those look really easy and fun. If possible could you do the
                            Electromagnetic Fields forever and Unreasonable search and seizure first.
                            Unreasonable because I have not done yet and looks cool and I really like
                            Electromagnetic because it is so cool to have a reason to be out there at
                            night and hearing the Coyotes, and watching Choco go nuts. And, USS" looks
                            like it might be a challenge.

                            Anyway thanks for keeping us safe and geocaching improving in general. If
                            you need some help with the one by the dam let me know I was thinking about
                            adding another leg to mine down that way.

                            Thanks
                            Grajek