RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: a foul spud

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 21 , May 5, 2003
      Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier. Like I have told Scott
      TeamGeoCache" and Mike "Peeve" I think Team Bubba has an unfair
      advantage. There are many more caches north than south. There are more
      cleaver/tough caches there. I would like to see a rule change on the
      boundary. After seeing that LSB #3 was in Packrat cache I hauled over
      there so I would at least have a key if you hide there. Then I plugged
      in the coordinates for Skyline and went through everyone that was south
      and within 5 miles. The 2 I saw where you had a chance to get an extra
      point was LSB and Enchanted Forest. I figured since you didn't know you
      had all the keys for LSB and Commons Ford Park was closed on Monday's I
      would head over TO CFP later, After I cut the grass. I figured that you
      might wait until the last minute to hide the cache so I took my time
      getting to it and figured if you had not been there yet I would find a
      shade tree and see if you did indeed show up while I widdled my walking
      stick. I got there around 4:30pm took my time getting to the cache and
      quietly bushwaching the last .10 of a mile so not to be seen if you
      where there. There where three cars in the parking lot and one white van
      looked familiar.
      Anyway After being very quite and taking what seemed liked hours through
      the brush and up a steep hill to the cache I found Spud man. I guessed
      right.

      That’s why I think Team bubba has an un fair advantage. I only had to go
      through a couple caches within 5 miles south because that’s all there
      was. pretty easy and 10 minutes worth of work. Team Yuppie would have a
      harder time doing that and have way to many guesses to choose from.

      I have lobbied hard to change the boundaries, or give Team Yuppie extra
      points or a larger radius.

      Me and the dog went down to the water after the cache and after 3:30 so
      I do not think it was us.

      I never went into the park after it closed I got lucky by going their
      first. I figured if you put it at LSB I could get it even in the dark,
      so biggy.

      Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to take
      the TB form LMG/ ME.

      Message 2 of 21 , May 5, 2003
        Thanks Candy. See my last post. it was easy to guess because most of the
        caches are south. I think you would have figured it pretty easy also. I
        Also got a little lucky. Seeing that the park was closed on Monday
        cinched it for me though. In the end it worked out real well for team
        yuppie. The only reason I didn't go to "Britannia Manor - Skeleton Head
        Guardian"(GC270B) 4.9 miles away from "Enchanted Forest was because I
        blew past city park road while screwing around with my GPS. I did know
        If the final cache at VRL was with in five mile or not but after seeing
        I had a half mile to the next leg and the post said be prepared for a
        two mile walk I thought I would walk to the half mile get the next
        coordinates. And do the math. I see everyone's points and have no
        problem giving the TB to Team Yuppie. I misinterpreted the rules, (I
        don't agree that I did), and was penalized. That is all part of the
        game. I really do just want to have fun with this game and geochaching.
        I mistook certain statements as accusations of cheating and I should
        have known better that you all would not do that. That was my fault and
        I apologize.

        I am still lobbying for the unfair advantage team Bubby seems to have.
        Of course Scott and another player are not sure I am right about this.
        Name of second player left out to protect the innocent.

        Thanks Grajek

        Message 3 of 21 , May 6, 2003
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek"
          <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
          > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

          I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
          witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest. I'm bad about
          that. People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
          they say I have a dry sense of humor. Took my wife years to catch on
          to it.

          > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
          take the TB form LMG/ ME.

          I will be glad to get the bug from you. I work on Metric just north
          of Research. Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
          it there. How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home. We can
          let the refs figure out the official timing.

          -mark
          aka "lowracer"
        • Candy Lind
          Message 4 of 21 , May 6, 2003
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gessner"
            <mgessner@a...> wrote:

            I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
            witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest. I'm bad about
            that. People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
            they say I have a dry sense of humor. Took my wife years to catch on
            to it.
            -mark
            aka "lowracer"

            This sounds like Wayne's boss at work -- very dry, lots of irony, and
            we are constantly trying to decide if he's serious or if he's yanking
            our chain again. He's interested in geocaching, and if he gets
            active, LOOK OUT! We're in for some fun and challenging hides.

            Candy
          • jeff
            Message 5 of 21 , May 6, 2003

              I will try and get it to that cache by 5pm today. If I do I will email you that it has been placed. If not I am caching with my sister (Big Mo) tonight and she can get it over to you because she works pretty close to that area.

              Thanks

              Jeff Grajek

              <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
              > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

              I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
              witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
              that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
              they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
              to it.

              > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
              take the TB form LMG/ ME.

              I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
              of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
              it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
              let the refs figure out the official timing.

              -mark
              aka "lowracer"

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

            • jeff
              Message 6 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton Head Guardian" (GC270b).  I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up on his way home.  If you pick it before then, I guess let -lowrace know. I don't know if he is getting these emails so if anyone knows how to contact him at the office could you confirm with him the spudster is waiting for him there.

                Thanks
                Grajek

                <jgrajek@a...> wrote:
                > Sorry I was a little sensitive earlier.

                I should have put some smiley faces on my posts about needing a
                witness when you replaced the bug in Enchanted Forest.  I'm bad about
                that.  People have trouble even in real life telling if I'm joking,
                they say I have a dry sense of humor.  Took my wife years to catch on
                to it.

                > Anyway I hope this ends the sage. I need a team yuppie player to
                take the TB form LMG/ ME.

                I will be glad to get the bug from you.  I work on Metric just north
                of Research.  Or you could drop it in some easy cache and I can snag
                it there.  How about Britannia Manor? that's on my way home.  We can
                let the refs figure out the official timing.

                -mark
                aka "lowracer"

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/YltolB/TM

              • Mark Gessner
                Message 7 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                  Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
                  and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
                  resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
                  into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                    Yes it is, I am ready to get playing again Thanks again for picking it up
                    and hope to see ya on the trails.
                    > Got the message. I'll stop and pick him up on the way home. Thanks
                    > and we'll let the refs figure out the official timing for purposes of
                    > resolving the 'foul,' I guess. This hot potato game, once you get
                    > into it, it's addictive. Kind of like geocaching in general...
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff" <jgrajek@a...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Okay, I left Mr. Hot Potato Head in "Britannia Manor - Skeleton
                    > Head Guardian" (GC270b). I think -lowracer volunteered to pick it up
                    > on his way home.

                  • Grajek
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                      I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                      to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                      the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                      should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                      having some fun!!!! :-)

                      Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                      To: Team Bubba,

                      SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                      Grajek
                    • Mark Gessner
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                        I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                        would be in line with the original referee call. Let's decide soon
                        because this spud's SO insulting! Who programmed this thing anyway?

                        On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11 PM, Grajek wrote:

                        > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                        > enough
                        > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                        > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                        > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                        > having some fun!!!! :-)
                        >
                        > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                        >
                        > To: Team Bubba,
                        >

                        > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        >
                        > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                        >
                        > Grajek

                        -mark
                      • Scott & Charlotte
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 6, 2003

                          The following ref’s decision has been made and posted as a note on the Mr. Hot Potato Head bug page.

                          The ref’s decision is for Mr. Hot Potato Head to be placed within 5 miles of either Enchanted Forest cache or the Britannia Manor cache. However, the current holder (Lowracer) we need to electronically log it in and out of whichever of the two caches he chooses to use as a starting point before it is logged into a new cache.  That way the distance to the new cache will be calculated properly.”

                          Scott Robuck

                          N 30° 12.4'

                          W 97° 50.4'

                          "Trying is the first step towards failure."

                                                        -- Homer Simpson

                          I'd be OK with using Enchanted Forest as a base for the placement, that
                          would be in line with the original referee call.   Let's decide soon
                          because this spud's SO insulting!  Who programmed this thing anyway?

                          On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 07:11  PM, Grajek wrote:

                          > I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind
                          > enough
                          > to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                          > the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                          > should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back
                          > having some fun!!!! :-)
                          >
                          > Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.
                          >
                          > To: Team Bubba,
                          >

                          > SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          >
                          > I'll make it up to ya. Promise.
                          >
                          > Grajek

                          -mark

                        • Wayne Lind
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 6, 2003
                            Hmmmmm, one free placement south of the river. Mexico City?   :)
                            I vote that Team Yuppie gets a free placement. -lowracer was kind enough
                            to pick up the bug on his way home, I fouled and team Yuppie was lax on
                            the return trip to EF because of my wife's ankle injury. I think they
                            should get a free placement. I think that is fair and we can get back to
                            having some fun!!!! :-)

                            Of course there are other members on my team so this is just my vote.

                            To: Team Bubba,

                            SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            I'll make it up to ya. Promise.

                            Grajek

                          • jeff
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 8, 2003
                              Can't wait to see the new and improved caches lowracer as selflessly
                              gathered up and started to work on. Can't wait for schoolhouse rocks and the
                              mystery one. those look really easy and fun. If possible could you do the
                              Electromagnetic Fields forever and Unreasonable search and seizure first.
                              Unreasonable because I have not done yet and looks cool and I really like
                              Electromagnetic because it is so cool to have a reason to be out there at
                              night and hearing the Coyotes, and watching Choco go nuts. And, USS" looks
                              like it might be a challenge.

                              Anyway thanks for keeping us safe and geocaching improving in general. If
                              you need some help with the one by the dam let me know I was thinking about
                              adding another leg to mine down that way.

                              Thanks
                              Grajek