What about an LCRA "passport"??

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      We did the "Don't Panic" series (north of Lake Travis, by The Diver)
      yesterday and had a great time. None of them are supremely difficult,
      and we have decided that those (LCRA) parks REQUIRE more caches, even
      though at least 2 of them are pay parks. It gave me an idea.

      Maybe we should lobby LCRA to come up with a "passport" like TPW has,
      that lets you into all their parks for a year. I would pay for one in
      order to get in these parks and/or Pace Bend and Canyon of the
      Eagles, wouldn't you? Oh, and MATAGORDA down at the gulf. That would
      truly be a great bunch of parks to plan to visit in a year's time,
      wouldn't it?

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2003
        <candylind@e...> wrote:
        > Maybe we should lobby LCRA to come up with a "passport" like TPW
        has,
        > that lets you into all their parks for a year ...

        DOH!!!! I was just informed by a fellow cacher more "in the know"
        that LCRA *DOES* have a yearly pass. I guess that means they don't
        advertise it very well, right? In any case, I withdraw my previous
        proposal.

        Candy
      • The Diver
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2003
          The LCRA has a annual permit for their recreational areas. It is $50 and the
          permit is good at Gloster Bend, Grelle, Muleshoe Bend, Plum and Turkey Bend.
          More information is here http://www.lcra.org/community/fees.html I debated
          on purchasing it since it got you into so few parks. I went ahead and
          purchased it since I knew I would be in and out of Gloster and Turkey Bend
          frequently. It has paid for itself. They barely advertise the annual permit.
          The didn't even have the purchase information at the bottom of the linked
          page until I pointed it out.

          I would like to see at least a annual pass for the Travis County and LCRA
          parks combined. I would buy that one in a heart beat.

          alan