CITO

  • Bryan Swain
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2004
      Has anyone started thinking about a location for the CITO event this year? I saw Tanya posted a message about it a few days back but didn't get any replies.

      I was at McKinney Falls SP this weekend, and the area near the lower falls (just downstream of the falls) is TRASHED. I think it all flows downstream, then gets caught up in the rocks and trees there. Heck, if some South Austin cachers even wanted to meet up for an informal clean-up, I'd be up for that. We'd just have to keep an eye out for the nudists that were apparently strutting their stuff on Saturday (a sheriff was in the office when we stopped in and we got the scoop!).

      Bryan / TX Hokie
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2004
        I'd help clean up anywhere around the area. McKinney Falls is a great
        suggestion. If we can get our act together early enough, maybe I can see
        if some Boy Scouts from our troop would be interested in picking up
        service hours by helping.

        Henry
        "DivasDude"

        >>> bkswain@... 3/7/2004 11:27:50 PM >>>
        Has anyone started thinking about a location for the CITO event this
        year? I saw Tanya posted a message about it a few days back but didn't
        get any replies.

        I was at McKinney Falls SP this weekend, and the area near the lower
        falls (just downstream of the falls) is TRASHED. I think it all flows
        downstream, then gets caught up in the rocks and trees there. Heck, if
        some South Austin cachers even wanted to meet up for an informal
        clean-up, I'd be up for that. We'd just have to keep an eye out for the
        nudists that were apparently strutting their stuff on Saturday (a
        sheriff was in the office when we stopped in and we got the scoop!).

        Bryan / TX Hokie

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Lists
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2004
          We're going to be at McKinney Falls anyway that weekend -- A. J.'s Cub
          Scout Pack is having a campout there as well as the BS Troop from the same
          Church. Maybe we can get them involved as well.

          Cindy

          At 09:51 AM 3/8/2004, you wrote:
          >I'd help clean up anywhere around the area. McKinney Falls is a great
          >suggestion. If we can get our act together early enough, maybe I can see
          >if some Boy Scouts from our troop would be interested in picking up
          >service hours by helping.
          >
          >Henry
          >"DivasDude"

          >Has anyone started thinking about a location for the CITO event this
          >year? I saw Tanya posted a message about it a few days back but didn't
          >get any replies.
          >
          >I was at McKinney Falls SP this weekend, and the area near the lower
          >falls (just downstream of the falls) is TRASHED. I think it all flows
          >downstream, then gets caught up in the rocks and trees there. Heck, if
          >some South Austin cachers even wanted to meet up for an informal
          >clean-up, I'd be up for that. We'd just have to keep an eye out for the
          >nudists that were apparently strutting their stuff on Saturday (a
          >sheriff was in the office when we stopped in and we got the scoop!).
          >
          >Bryan / TX Hokie
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
            Has the CITO event for us been decided as far as the date, time and
            place? I assume it's April 17th but not sure what time and where we
            decided on. I'll have company that day and some last minute Geopoker
            things to tend to but I'd still like to show up and help out for a
            while.
          • Mark Gessner
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
              Due to popular outcry, It's the 24th 9A-2P. We still don't have a
              venue. Keep your eyes open for a trashy park and make a nomination for
              that park on the cache page. So far we have a suggestion for Cypress
              Creek park, but I don't think they have restrooms...

              -mark
              On Mar 31, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Essiar wrote:

              > Has the CITO event for us been decided as far as the date, time and
              > place? I assume it's April 17th but not sure what time and where we
              > decided on. I'll have company that day and some last minute Geopoker
              > things to tend to but I'd still like to show up and help out for a
              > while.

              > ---------------------~-->
              > Send the freshest Spring Flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
              > Flowers are hand picked and shipped direct from the grower. Freshness
              > guaranteed for 7 days or your money back!
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/YykvkC/sZ2HAA/3jkFAA/YltolB/TM

            • Joan Whistler
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
                I know there is a big Keep Austin Beautiful park cleanup going on this weekend (4/3) so we might want to see what gets taken care of then and what parks are still trashed out afterwards.
                Joan
                Due to popular outcry, It's the 24th 9A-2P.   We still don't have a
                venue.  Keep your eyes open for a trashy park and make a nomination for
                that park on the cache page.  So far we have a suggestion for Cypress
                Creek park, but I don't think they have restrooms...

                -mark
                On Mar 31, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Essiar wrote:

                > Has the CITO event for us been decided as far as the date, time and
                > place? I assume it's April 17th but not sure what time and where we
                > decided on. I'll have company that day and some last minute Geopoker
                > things to tend to but I'd still like to show up and help out for a
                > while.

                > ---------------------~-->
                > Send the freshest Spring Flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
                > Flowers are hand picked and shipped direct from the grower.  Freshness
                > guaranteed for 7 days or your money back!
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/YykvkC/sZ2HAA/3jkFAA/YltolB/TM

              • BlazerMan
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
                  They just have port-o-lets at Cypress Creek.

                  Walnut Creek Metropolitan park sounds interesting to me as it seems
                  to have some facilities and a few caches that I haven't found yet,
                  but since I've never been there, I have no idea if it's suitable for
                  a CITO event.

                  Or perhaps we should try a park near Tom Miller Dam this time?

                  Steve.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner