Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Congratulations To EVERYONE!

  • Megindler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
      I need some help on picking a weekend in May for the monthly pot luck. I offered up our farm. I'll provide the smoked chickens and beans and several caches. Any ideas for dates anyone?
    • Essiar
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
        Bastrop Julie? You mean there's a cache this side of Acapulco that
        you haven't done??? :-)
        Sounds good to me!

        <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
        > I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way. I
        just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

        > And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop
        SP this spring........ any interest?

        > Julie

        to invade Lubbock let me know. Go Tech!
        > Blizzard
        >
        > _____

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
          Hey! You mean you're gonna invite us out to a camping/caching
          expedition and then hightail it on your bike and leave me and Lil Es
          back at the campsite making s'mores for when you return?

          <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
          > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
          May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
          bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
          but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
          > Julie

          Terms
          > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Michele Pain
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
            I've never camped at Bastrop St. Park but I'd be for it. I am also
            eyeing Palmetto.

            On Mar 10, 2004, at 3:14 PM, Essiar wrote:

            > <image.tiff>

          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
              Hey Essiar! I like my marshmallows golden toasty, melted all the way through, no grahams or chocolate. That's SOOOooooo thoughtful of you to offer to have some ready for me! Could you also ice me down a Diet Coke. By the way, do you massage? Cause my shoulders will probably need it after my bike ride.

              And if you say Yes to any of this, I'll plan to drop off my camping gear and the instructions for pitching my tent.....

              P.S. I cleaned Acapulco last week, didn't you hear????

              SERIOUSLY, I'm still considering a campout event and will probably offer to lead a bike ride for anyone interested in coming along. It IS possible to have fun doing things other than Geocaching, you know!

              <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
              > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
              May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
              bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
              but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
              > Julie

              Terms
              > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

            • Joan Whistler

                <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                May 8.  Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                > Julie

                Terms

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                  Lil Es has a brand new s'more maker too! Yes, I'll ice down a DC for
                  you and rub your aching shoulders. And I remember your Pedernales
                  request... golden toasty, no cracker-no choco. I like my s'mores
                  with no cracker-no marshmallow.. LOTS of choco! Bastrop sounds great
                  but any nice park with lots of caches works for me. Can I ride on
                  your handlebars? Better yet, you can pull me to the caches in a
                  little red wagon?

                • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 11, 2004
                    Well, I'm not sure how you're going to carry the "You Found It!" presents you're supposed to bring me if you're riding on my handlebars. You'd better rethink that...... (not the presents, the handlebars!)

                    I'm going to poll the people at the Challenge this weekend and see if we can finalize a calendar for May. Big Mo wanted to do something at her ranch, Gadget Girl wanted to camp at her lot, etc. We'll see how it all shakes out.