Re: Central Texas Bald Eagles

  • yelsreknat2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
      I just got back from this area. We could see one adult in the nest
      and possibly one flapping around in the nest. Then another adult flew
      in and hung around for awhile. Beautiful birds to be sure. I shot 2
      rolls of 800asa film through a 600mm telephoto lens and am hoping I
      got some decent shots. I'll post them as they are turned into
      electronic form.

      It's a relatively quick drive out there and that alone was worth
      getting out of the house for.

      Take care-
      TankandEmiloo

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tim Gahagan <tim@g...>
      wrote:
      > (Do not care of GC approves, but you are all wecome to enjoy this)
      > Tim
      > aka Velvet Hammer
      >
      > N 30° 46.316 W 098° 33.039
      >

      > This is a simple virtual cache to see nesting Bald Eagles in the
      Texas Hill
      > Country.
      >
      > The Eagles are approximately 100 yards off the highway, and can be
      viewed
      > with the naked eye, most cameras with some type of telephoto zoom,
      and
      > binoculars.
      >
      > There is not a defined parking area, but one can park off the side
      of the
      > road with ease.
      >
      > A fence separates the property and the Eagles from the road. This
      is
      > private property, and trespassers will be prosecuted, so you have
      been
      > warned not to cross the fence (and in this part of Texas, shots are
      usually
      > not fired as warnings).
      >
      > This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Bald Eagles this
      close. The
      > Eagles' babies (most think 2) have hatched and there is no estimate
      of how
      > long they will stay in this nest.
      >
      > Hint Below (do not scroll if you do not want the hint)

      > Texas State Hwy 29, west of FM 1431, 3-4 miles from intersection.
      Between