RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congratulations To EVERYONE!

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
      Toot away!!!!! Great job.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Megindler@... [mailto:Megindler@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 4:07 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congratulations To EVERYONE!

      Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be
      there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • gtbevo2000
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
        I'm in!! I'm suffering major withdrawal. I've been sitting at 249
        for about (AAACCCCKCKKKKKK - I just looked at My Cache Page) 3 1/2
        weeks. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Alyson

        <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
        > Cache withdrawal? The Challenge should cure you! And if it
        doesn't, I'm going to try to get a group up to hit College Station
        on the way home Sunday. You in?
        > Julie

      • yelsreknat2003
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
          Congrats!! We'll see you at the challenge!
          TankandEmiloo
        • Megindler@aol.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
            I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend. I'm a free geocacher!
          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
              Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the assault on College Station. Who else!

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                I thought Candy, Trey and I were going there as well. College Station may
                not survive.

                Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the
                assault on College Station. Who else!

                I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend.
                I'm a free geocacher!

              • Christine
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                  Pout... I have to stay home and pack for my trip... :( this is just
                  not fair....:)

                • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                    Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                    Blizzard
                  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004

                      I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way.  I just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                      And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop SP this spring........  any interest?

                      Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                      Blizzard

                    • Henry Rohlfs
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                        If I can make it, I'll be there. I'd love to do the orienteering
                        challenge cache, if nothing else. I've participated in several
                        orienteering events at Bastrop SP and have had a blast at all of them.
                        Maybe we can convince the Diva to camping for a night, too!

                        >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 9:26:36 AM >>>

                        _____

                      • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                          San Angelo, Big Spring, US 84 between Abilene and Lubbock each have some interesting caches.  For a while I had Lubbock cached out but it has exploded in the last 6-9 months.  San Angelo has the Abs Cache series that takes you all over town.
                          Cache on,
                          Dick
                        • gtbevo2000
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                            I'm interested! Just depends on what dates you're looking at.....

                            Alyson

                            <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                            > I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way. I
                            just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                            > And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop
                            SP this spring........ any interest?

                            > Julie

                            subject=Unsubscribe>

                            of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                              My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                Drat! I'm already scheduled to help with a Cub Scout outdoor program
                                training session that weekend. Funny, we'll be at the scout camp at the
                                other end of the lake.

                                Hmmmm... I wonder if I can sneak away....

                                >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 11:52:15 AM >>>

                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                  I need some help on picking a weekend in May for the monthly pot luck. I offered up our farm. I'll provide the smoked chickens and beans and several caches. Any ideas for dates anyone?
                                • Essiar
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                    Bastrop Julie? You mean there's a cache this side of Acapulco that
                                    you haven't done??? :-)
                                    Sounds good to me!

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                      Hey! You mean you're gonna invite us out to a camping/caching
                                      expedition and then hightail it on your bike and leave me and Lil Es
                                      back at the campsite making s'mores for when you return?

                                      <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                      > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                      May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                      bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                      but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                      > Julie

                                      Terms
                                      > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                                      >

                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    • Michele Pain
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                        I've never camped at Bastrop St. Park but I'd be for it. I am also
                                        eyeing Palmetto.

                                        On Mar 10, 2004, at 3:14 PM, Essiar wrote:

                                        > <image.tiff>

                                      • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                          Hey Essiar! I like my marshmallows golden toasty, melted all the way through, no grahams or chocolate. That's SOOOooooo thoughtful of you to offer to have some ready for me! Could you also ice me down a Diet Coke. By the way, do you massage? Cause my shoulders will probably need it after my bike ride.

                                          And if you say Yes to any of this, I'll plan to drop off my camping gear and the instructions for pitching my tent.....

                                          P.S. I cleaned Acapulco last week, didn't you hear????

                                          SERIOUSLY, I'm still considering a campout event and will probably offer to lead a bike ride for anyone interested in coming along. It IS possible to have fun doing things other than Geocaching, you know!

                                          <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                          > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                          May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                          bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                          but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                          > Julie

                                          Terms
                                          > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

                                        • Joan Whistler

                                            <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                            > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                            May 8.  Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                            bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                            but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                            > Julie

                                            Terms

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                              Lil Es has a brand new s'more maker too! Yes, I'll ice down a DC for
                                              you and rub your aching shoulders. And I remember your Pedernales
                                              request... golden toasty, no cracker-no choco. I like my s'mores
                                              with no cracker-no marshmallow.. LOTS of choco! Bastrop sounds great
                                              but any nice park with lots of caches works for me. Can I ride on
                                              your handlebars? Better yet, you can pull me to the caches in a
                                              little red wagon?

                                            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 11, 2004
                                                Well, I'm not sure how you're going to carry the "You Found It!" presents you're supposed to bring me if you're riding on my handlebars. You'd better rethink that...... (not the presents, the handlebars!)

                                                I'm going to poll the people at the Challenge this weekend and see if we can finalize a calendar for May. Big Mo wanted to do something at her ranch, Gadget Girl wanted to camp at her lot, etc. We'll see how it all shakes out.