Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congratulations To EVERYONE!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
      Julie is SO RIGHT! It's too bad we can't do a query that shows us everyone in our area who has hit a milestone! Wouldn't THAT be fun??

      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 8:59 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congratulations To EVERYONE!

      You know, I'm all for people celebrating their milestones, especially if it means a cake or a party (Congratulations Wayne, Trey, BuzzardCheater, et al), but I feel like we're probably overlooking a lot of cachers out there who don't have a friend brazen enough to send out an announcement for them.

      So for all those people, you know WE know how great it is to be into this totally cool sport deep enough to reach these milestones.  Keep on having fun!

      The information contained in this email and any attachments is considered:
      [ ] General Business Information
      [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
      [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

    • Megindler@aol.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
        Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!
      • Perrine Julie-ra5686
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
          Cache withdrawal? The Challenge should cure you! And if it doesn't, I'm going to try to get a group up to hit College Station on the way home Sunday. You in?

          Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
            Toot away!!!!! Great job.

            Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be
            there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • gtbevo2000
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
              I'm in!! I'm suffering major withdrawal. I've been sitting at 249
              for about (AAACCCCKCKKKKKK - I just looked at My Cache Page) 3 1/2
              weeks. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Alyson

              <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
              > Cache withdrawal? The Challenge should cure you! And if it
              doesn't, I'm going to try to get a group up to hit College Station
              on the way home Sunday. You in?
              > Julie

            • yelsreknat2003
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
                Congrats!! We'll see you at the challenge!
                TankandEmiloo
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
                  I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend. I'm a free geocacher!
                • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                    Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the assault on College Station. Who else!

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                      I thought Candy, Trey and I were going there as well. College Station may
                      not survive.

                      Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the
                      assault on College Station. Who else!

                      I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend.
                      I'm a free geocacher!

                    • Christine
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                        Pout... I have to stay home and pack for my trip... :( this is just
                        not fair....:)

                      • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                          Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                          Blizzard
                        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004

                            I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way.  I just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                            And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop SP this spring........  any interest?

                            Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                            Blizzard

                          • Henry Rohlfs
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                              If I can make it, I'll be there. I'd love to do the orienteering
                              challenge cache, if nothing else. I've participated in several
                              orienteering events at Bastrop SP and have had a blast at all of them.
                              Maybe we can convince the Diva to camping for a night, too!

                              >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 9:26:36 AM >>>

                              _____

                            • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                San Angelo, Big Spring, US 84 between Abilene and Lubbock each have some interesting caches.  For a while I had Lubbock cached out but it has exploded in the last 6-9 months.  San Angelo has the Abs Cache series that takes you all over town.
                                Cache on,
                                Dick
                              • gtbevo2000
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                  I'm interested! Just depends on what dates you're looking at.....

                                  Alyson

                                  <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                  > I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way. I
                                  just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                                  > And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop
                                  SP this spring........ any interest?

                                  > Julie

                                  subject=Unsubscribe>

                                  of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                                • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                    My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                      Drat! I'm already scheduled to help with a Cub Scout outdoor program
                                      training session that weekend. Funny, we'll be at the scout camp at the
                                      other end of the lake.

                                      Hmmmm... I wonder if I can sneak away....

                                      >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 11:52:15 AM >>>

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                        I need some help on picking a weekend in May for the monthly pot luck. I offered up our farm. I'll provide the smoked chickens and beans and several caches. Any ideas for dates anyone?
                                      • Essiar
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                          Bastrop Julie? You mean there's a cache this side of Acapulco that
                                          you haven't done??? :-)
                                          Sounds good to me!

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                            Hey! You mean you're gonna invite us out to a camping/caching
                                            expedition and then hightail it on your bike and leave me and Lil Es
                                            back at the campsite making s'mores for when you return?

                                            <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                            > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                            May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                            bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                            but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                            > Julie

                                            Terms
                                            > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                                            >

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          • Michele Pain
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                              I've never camped at Bastrop St. Park but I'd be for it. I am also
                                              eyeing Palmetto.

                                              On Mar 10, 2004, at 3:14 PM, Essiar wrote:

                                              > <image.tiff>

                                            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                Hey Essiar! I like my marshmallows golden toasty, melted all the way through, no grahams or chocolate. That's SOOOooooo thoughtful of you to offer to have some ready for me! Could you also ice me down a Diet Coke. By the way, do you massage? Cause my shoulders will probably need it after my bike ride.

                                                And if you say Yes to any of this, I'll plan to drop off my camping gear and the instructions for pitching my tent.....

                                                P.S. I cleaned Acapulco last week, didn't you hear????

                                                SERIOUSLY, I'm still considering a campout event and will probably offer to lead a bike ride for anyone interested in coming along. It IS possible to have fun doing things other than Geocaching, you know!

                                                <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                                > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                                May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                                bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                                but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                                > Julie

                                                Terms
                                                > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

                                              • Joan Whistler
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                  It ALL sounds good to me!   Caching, camping, biking, s'mores ... what more could we ask for???  Hopefully I'll be able to make this event!
                                                  Joan

                                                  <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                                  > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                                  May 8.  Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                                  bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                                  but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                                  > Julie

                                                  Terms

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                    Lil Es has a brand new s'more maker too! Yes, I'll ice down a DC for
                                                    you and rub your aching shoulders. And I remember your Pedernales
                                                    request... golden toasty, no cracker-no choco. I like my s'mores
                                                    with no cracker-no marshmallow.. LOTS of choco! Bastrop sounds great
                                                    but any nice park with lots of caches works for me. Can I ride on
                                                    your handlebars? Better yet, you can pull me to the caches in a
                                                    little red wagon?

                                                  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 11, 2004
                                                      Well, I'm not sure how you're going to carry the "You Found It!" presents you're supposed to bring me if you're riding on my handlebars. You'd better rethink that...... (not the presents, the handlebars!)

                                                      I'm going to poll the people at the Challenge this weekend and see if we can finalize a calendar for May. Big Mo wanted to do something at her ranch, Gadget Girl wanted to camp at her lot, etc. We'll see how it all shakes out.