Need Volunteers for TX Challenge Tasks

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      This message is being sent to both CentralTexasGeocachers and SATXGeocachers. If you are certain that someone attending the challenge is on neither of these groups, please feel free to forward this email on to them! Thanks.

      Hi! For those of you going to the Texas Challenge, I have a list of tasks that will need to be done. Please email me off-list and let me know if you can help:

      2-4 people (working in pairs) to help people register/check in for our team. They will be needed Friday from 3-5PM and 8-10PM, and Saturday from 8:30-9:45AM. You may volunteer for just one time period or for all 3. You'll be taking registration forms and waivers, Event Fees, and collecting GPSr's for the computer team to load.

      I need to verify how many people will be there Friday morning to help hide. Please email me off-list so I can solidify the numbers.

      Who else will be arriving on Thursday, that would be willing to help check in campsites for people coming in Friday afternoon and evening? I need a person who will get all the names, confirmation numbers, and site number preferences for everyone who has pre-paid and would like us to check in for them Friday morning.

      May I ask Jason, Jana, Wayne, and Ken to be the "central organizing team" that will group our sub-teams and assign the park sections? That way, we have someone in there who will know just about everyone, and can better assess who should be with whom.

      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!

    • LSR
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004

        Janet will help with registration and etc.  Her hiking abilities are limited. We will be there on Thursday.

        Luther & Janet Rode

        Geocaching is the game,

        Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.

        Texas Geocaching Discussion Forum http://www.texasgeocaching.com

          http://www.geocaching.com

        Visit Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint for maps, statistics and more!  http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/texas.shtml

        http://www.fredericksburg-texas.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
          I'll be there thur and will help with what I can

          Master Herdsman
          KC5FSP
          Team GoGoatGetters
          I'm going up Friday and could help with registration Friday from 3-5 or Saturday morning.