RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] any chance of having an internet connection at gatti town on Friday???

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004

      Doesn’t Gatti’s have a phone line we could use?

      By the way, there’s no need to have Road Runner and pay for a dial up service as well if you only need it for less than 10 hours a month.  Anyone who has Road Runner gets 10 free hours of dial up every month.  See http://dialaccess.rr.com/SetupInstructions.html for more details.  I use it all the time when I’m traveling and I’ve never paid a cent.

      Dial up numbers for most every major city in the US are available here: http://dialaccess.rr.com/servlet/dr/AccessNumber

      You have to subscribe to this service using a credit card (they charge you ONLY if you use more than 10 hours a month).  It’s great for when you’re on the road.

      As for setting up AOL IM or Yahoo Messenger, I’ve never done that and am unfamiliar with the software.

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

      This email is an all natural product. The slight variations in

      spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and

      beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
          --- Tanya Phillips <tanyamp@...> wrote:
          > Hey Scott and all you other techno geo geeks!!!
          >
          > I have a few cachers who can not attend the actual
          > event, but could
          > attend on teleconferencing thru, say AOL IM or Yahoo
          > Messenger. I
          > have a camera and a laptop, but I don't have
          > internet access thru my
          > cell phone. I would need at least a hard phone line
          > for modem
          > access. I have Earthlink and Roadrunner. I use
          > Earthlink on the
          > road as they have dial up #s everywhere, so it's a
          > local call.
          >
          > Pumpkin Princess & Eoghan are in Colorado, but would
          > love to connect
          > with us via phones or computer. I have her # and
          > info.
          >
          > Shelly Pain and Brad Belk can't make it. There are
          > a couple others
          > that are maybes.

          Hmmm...could be possible...I could Bluetooth my iBook
          to my cellphone to get wireless internet. I'll look
          into it this evening.

          Tony
          Team Bohica

          http://search.yahoo.com