New coordinate tool

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004

      Hi all…

      I had a coordinate converter on my website which some of you have used before and I decided to merge Thorax’s geolinks idea with it to come up with http://www.robuck.net/geocaching/convert.php

      You can input any of the 3 types of WGS84 coordinates:

      Degrees Minutes Seconds like N30 16 28.4 W97 44 25.3

      Degrees Decimal Minutes like we normally use N30 16.473 W97 44.422

      Decimal Degrees like N 30.27455 W 97.74037

      …and it will convert and output all three types coordinates PLUS links to Mapquest’s maps, Topo Maps, and Aerial Photos.  Best of all, it’s free and available wherever you have an internet connection.  Give it a try!

      I am very fortunate to have a good friend, Rob Corley, who can code PHP for me.  I hope you find this tool useful.

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

      "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others"

      --  George Orwell, Animal Farm

    • Karen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        I am missing that little guy.  Any chance of a new game starting up soon?  Perhaps after the Texas Challenge?  First day of Spring maybe?

      • Scott Robuck
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004

          I have no plans to start up another game this spring.  I think the lack of response to this topic is evidence that everyone is enjoying the break from the Mr. Potato Head.  There are so many other things going on right now…the Cache Awards Ceremonies, the Texas Challenge, the GeoPoker 2, and several other geocaching events are in the works (not to mention a couple of new caches the GeoDillos have been working on for the last few weeks).  I had some ideas on how to change up the game to make it more fun but I haven’t had a chance to work it all out for possible problems.

          Scott Robuck

          Team GeoDillo

          N 30° 12.4'

          W 97° 50.4'