Congratulations To EVERYONE!

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1, 2004

      You know, I'm all for people celebrating their milestones, especially if it means a cake or a party (Congratulations Wayne, Trey, BuzzardCheater, et al), but I feel like we're probably overlooking a lot of cachers out there who don't have a friend brazen enough to send out an announcement for them.

      So for all those people, you know WE know how great it is to be into this totally cool sport deep enough to reach these milestones.  Keep on having fun!

      The information contained in this email and any attachments is considered:
      [ ] General Business Information
      [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
      [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
        Julie is SO RIGHT! It's too bad we can't do a query that shows us everyone in our area who has hit a milestone! Wouldn't THAT be fun??

        Candy Lind    candylind@...
        I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
          Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!
        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
            Cache withdrawal? The Challenge should cure you! And if it doesn't, I'm going to try to get a group up to hit College Station on the way home Sunday. You in?

            Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
              Toot away!!!!! Great job.

              Okay, I'm tooting my own horn....I finally hit 250. Looks like I may be
              there until the Challenge too. I'm having caching withdrawal!!!

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • gtbevo2000
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
                I'm in!! I'm suffering major withdrawal. I've been sitting at 249
                for about (AAACCCCKCKKKKKK - I just looked at My Cache Page) 3 1/2
                weeks. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Alyson

                <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                > Cache withdrawal? The Challenge should cure you! And if it
                doesn't, I'm going to try to get a group up to hit College Station
                on the way home Sunday. You in?
                > Julie

              • yelsreknat2003
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
                  Congrats!! We'll see you at the challenge!
                  TankandEmiloo
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 2, 2004
                    I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend. I'm a free geocacher!
                  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                      Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the assault on College Station. Who else!

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                        I thought Candy, Trey and I were going there as well. College Station may
                        not survive.

                        Cool! So far, we've got GTBevo, Big Mo and Mrs. Captain Picard mounting the
                        assault on College Station. Who else!

                        I'm totally in! My kids and puppies are all being cared for that weekend.
                        I'm a free geocacher!

                      • Christine
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                          Pout... I have to stay home and pack for my trip... :( this is just
                          not fair....:)

                        • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                            Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                            Blizzard
                          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004

                              I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way.  I just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                              And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop SP this spring........  any interest?

                              Gollege Station beware The Invasion of the Horns.  When you decide to invade Lubbock let me know.  Go Tech!
                              Blizzard

                            • Henry Rohlfs
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                If I can make it, I'll be there. I'd love to do the orienteering
                                challenge cache, if nothing else. I've participated in several
                                orienteering events at Bastrop SP and have had a blast at all of them.
                                Maybe we can convince the Diva to camping for a night, too!

                                >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 9:26:36 AM >>>

                                _____

                              • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                  San Angelo, Big Spring, US 84 between Abilene and Lubbock each have some interesting caches.  For a while I had Lubbock cached out but it has exploded in the last 6-9 months.  San Angelo has the Abs Cache series that takes you all over town.
                                  Cache on,
                                  Dick
                                • gtbevo2000
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                    I'm interested! Just depends on what dates you're looking at.....

                                    Alyson

                                    <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                    > I've been eyeing Lubbock, with a stop in San Angelo on the way. I
                                    just haven't found the free weekend for it yet!

                                    > And I'm also thinking about putting up a camping event in Bastrop
                                    SP this spring........ any interest?

                                    > Julie

                                    subject=Unsubscribe>

                                    of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                                  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                      My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                        Drat! I'm already scheduled to help with a Cub Scout outdoor program
                                        training session that weekend. Funny, we'll be at the scout camp at the
                                        other end of the lake.

                                        Hmmmm... I wonder if I can sneak away....

                                        >>> julieperrine@... 3/3/2004 11:52:15 AM >>>

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 3, 2004
                                          I need some help on picking a weekend in May for the monthly pot luck. I offered up our farm. I'll provide the smoked chickens and beans and several caches. Any ideas for dates anyone?
                                        • Essiar
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                            Bastrop Julie? You mean there's a cache this side of Acapulco that
                                            you haven't done??? :-)
                                            Sounds good to me!

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                              Hey! You mean you're gonna invite us out to a camping/caching
                                              expedition and then hightail it on your bike and leave me and Lil Es
                                              back at the campsite making s'mores for when you return?

                                              <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                              > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                              May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                              bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                              but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                              > Julie

                                              Terms
                                              > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
                                              >

                                              > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                            • Michele Pain
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                I've never camped at Bastrop St. Park but I'd be for it. I am also
                                                eyeing Palmetto.

                                                On Mar 10, 2004, at 3:14 PM, Essiar wrote:

                                                > <image.tiff>

                                              • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                  Hey Essiar! I like my marshmallows golden toasty, melted all the way through, no grahams or chocolate. That's SOOOooooo thoughtful of you to offer to have some ready for me! Could you also ice me down a Diet Coke. By the way, do you massage? Cause my shoulders will probably need it after my bike ride.

                                                  And if you say Yes to any of this, I'll plan to drop off my camping gear and the instructions for pitching my tent.....

                                                  P.S. I cleaned Acapulco last week, didn't you hear????

                                                  SERIOUSLY, I'm still considering a campout event and will probably offer to lead a bike ride for anyone interested in coming along. It IS possible to have fun doing things other than Geocaching, you know!

                                                  <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                                  > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                                  May 8. Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                                  bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                                  but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                                  > Julie

                                                  Terms
                                                  > of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

                                                • Joan Whistler
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                    It ALL sounds good to me!   Caching, camping, biking, s'mores ... what more could we ask for???  Hopefully I'll be able to make this event!
                                                    Joan

                                                    <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
                                                    > My tentative date for a Bastrop Campout event is the weekend of
                                                    May 8.  Since there are so many long multicaches out there and the
                                                    bike riding is really good, I will probably spend 2 nights out there
                                                    but am debating on whether to put the event up for one night or two.
                                                    > Julie

                                                    Terms

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 10, 2004
                                                      Lil Es has a brand new s'more maker too! Yes, I'll ice down a DC for
                                                      you and rub your aching shoulders. And I remember your Pedernales
                                                      request... golden toasty, no cracker-no choco. I like my s'mores
                                                      with no cracker-no marshmallow.. LOTS of choco! Bastrop sounds great
                                                      but any nice park with lots of caches works for me. Can I ride on
                                                      your handlebars? Better yet, you can pull me to the caches in a
                                                      little red wagon?

                                                    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Mar 11, 2004
                                                        Well, I'm not sure how you're going to carry the "You Found It!" presents you're supposed to bring me if you're riding on my handlebars. You'd better rethink that...... (not the presents, the handlebars!)

                                                        I'm going to poll the people at the Challenge this weekend and see if we can finalize a calendar for May. Big Mo wanted to do something at her ranch, Gadget Girl wanted to camp at her lot, etc. We'll see how it all shakes out.