Let's clean up an LCRA park!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2003
      Brad Belk logged the following on the April 26 cleanup cache:

      I spoke with the Land Mangers for LCRA this morning about
      GeoCaching. They are elated with the concept and the use of LCRA
      land for the game. More on that in the forum:
      (http://www.texasgeocaching.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=161)
      I asked if they had a park that needed cleaning and they offered up
      everything on Lake Travis
      North: Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend, and Shaffer
      South: Muleshoe
      http://www.lcra.org/community/parks.html
      These parks are primitive. No pavilions, water or Electric, however
      LCRA would loan us a few pop-up shade shelters. We are at the end of
      our budget year and nothing can be put together before this event,
      but they were excited about the possibility of being involved in
      future events. If we clean one of their parks, they will chip in
      some maps, trinkets, trash bags and tee-shirts. Let me know.

      I vote for north side -- there is a string of caches developing along
      1431 north of the lake towards Marble Falls, and I'd welcome the
      chance to go look for them. And of course, I suppose some hearty
      souls could volunteer to plant a couple of new ones! :-D

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • The Diver
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2003
        >> Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend, and Shaffer

        <shameless plug>

        And you can pickup the Don't Panic series of caches while your there.

        </shameless plug>

        Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;-) Seriously though, Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend
        and Shaffer (along with Camp Creek) are in need of a major cleanup. Gloster
        Bend and Turkey Bend do have at least a restroom. They are of the kind that
        requires no flushing and can produce a heat stroke in August. By the way,
        Cedar Park Wrecker will tow from Turkey Bend. I know....first hand.

        alan
        aka The Diver