Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee!

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee! Sound great!
      You sound like you must be in the San Antonio are?
      Michele
      ----------
      From: rick48cj2a <rick48cj2a@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee!
      Date: Wed, May 1, 2002, 2:34 PM

      Hi,
      My family and I, known as the StiversClan, have made out first find in
      Live Oak Park and we loved it.  We plan in the near future to set up a
      few cache sites of our own in the Schertz area.  I was searching
      around and came across this Cache In/Trash Out info and thought it was
      a great idea for this area.
      http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html <http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html>

      It seems that you navigate in to the cache site, drop off some new
      trash bags and take out some old ones and then pick up trash on your
      way out.

      My twist would be to set up the normal toy cache and then make sure to
      keep it also stocked with carefully folded grocery bags that cachers
      could use on their way back out of the parks to help keep things
      clean.

      What do you think?

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

    • rick48cj2a
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Sure are. We just bought a house in Schertz but we have lived in
        Universal City for the last 10 years. I just love this place.

        Rick

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., Michele Pain <mpain@s...> wrote:
        > Sound great!
        > You sound like you must be in the San Antonio are?
        > Michele
        > ----------
        > From: rick48cj2a <rick48cj2a@s...>
        > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@y...
        > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee!
        > Date: Wed, May 1, 2002, 2:34 PM
        >

        > Hi,
        > My family and I, known as the StiversClan, have made out first find
        in
        > Live Oak Park and we loved it. We plan in the near future to set up
        > few cache sites of our own in the Schertz area. I was searching
        > around and came across this Cache In/Trash Out info and thought it
        was
        > a great idea for this area.
        > http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html
        > <http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html>
        >
        > It seems that you navigate in to the cache site, drop off some new
        > trash bags and take out some old ones and then pick up trash on your
        > way out.
        >
        > My twist would be to set up the normal toy cache and then make sure
        > keep it also stocked with carefully folded grocery bags that cachers
        > could use on their way back out of the parks to help keep things
        > clean.
        >
        > What do you think?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • web_ling
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2002
          Welcome to the world of geocaaching, StiversClan!

          Here in Fort Worth, T-Storm set up the "Pick It Up, Pack it Out,
          Cache in, Trash Out Cache" It's a two-part multi, with trash bags in
          the first cache, and regular trinkets in the second. The trash bags
          have the geocaching.com logo on them.

          Web-ling

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "rick48cj2a" <rick48cj2a@s...>