Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The Great Austin Earth Day Cleanup Whatever Bash Thingy

  • Mark Gessner
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2003
      Barton creek Greenbelt does not have a covered picnic pavillion with
      built-in grills. Well, at least the parts of it I've explored. :-)

      On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 07:22 PM, Wayne Lind wrote:

      > If worse comes to worse, Walnut Creek Park is a reasonable choice. For
      > that matter we could work in the Barton Creek Greenbelt. Have we
      > checked to see if Travis County has any parks they would like us to
      > help clean?
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2003
        We have a Park!

        Mansfield Dam Park, a 71 acre park on Lake Travis, by all reports
        seriously trashed, has covered picnic tables and barbecue grills.
        Hiking paths and boating. Still on Lake Travis, but not way out there.

        Only one problem. There are no caches in it! Know anyone who could
        fix that?

        Entry fee is $5.00 per carload. I'm wondering if someone with contacts
        at the county could get us a fee waiver since we're showing up to clean
        the place?

        Park Web Page:
        http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/graphic/parks_graphic/
        mansfield_dam.htm