RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The Great Austin Earth Day Cleanup Whatever Bash Thingy

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
      If worse comes to worse, Walnut Creek Park is a reasonable choice. For that matter we could work in the Barton Creek Greenbelt. Have we checked to see if Travis County has any parks they would like us to help clean?
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2003
        Barton creek Greenbelt does not have a covered picnic pavillion with
        built-in grills. Well, at least the parts of it I've explored. :-)

        On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 07:22 PM, Wayne Lind wrote:

        > If worse comes to worse, Walnut Creek Park is a reasonable choice. For
        > that matter we could work in the Barton Creek Greenbelt. Have we
        > checked to see if Travis County has any parks they would like us to
        > help clean?
      • Mark Gessner
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2003
          We have a Park!

          Mansfield Dam Park, a 71 acre park on Lake Travis, by all reports
          seriously trashed, has covered picnic tables and barbecue grills.
          Hiking paths and boating. Still on Lake Travis, but not way out there.

          Only one problem. There are no caches in it! Know anyone who could
          fix that?

          Entry fee is $5.00 per carload. I'm wondering if someone with contacts
          at the county could get us a fee waiver since we're showing up to clean
          the place?

          Park Web Page:
          http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/graphic/parks_graphic/
          mansfield_dam.htm