Texas Challange

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 3, 2003
      I will be unable to make it Friday. I have a full slate all day and can
      not get out until after 3pm. We will drive up Saturday. I am very sorry
      I can't make it. I would have loved to help you do some hiding. I will
      get to meet everyone Saturday though and I am looking forward to that.
    • cacherscout
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
        This is My first Tx Challange.I don't know what to expect. I heard
        something about a pot luck? entrance fee? catered dinner? We are gonna
        get there on Fri morning. Is anything planned for Fri?? I hope the
        fire ban is lifted by then. I love to camp, so excited.
        QueenZelda 25/0
        (Criselda)
      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
          Hi,
          Glad you found us and that you are interested in the challenge. We have an event scheduled for Saturday in San Antonio where we will hopefully be answering everyone's questions and explaining what the challenge is. You are welcomed and encouraged to come out and join us. The event is called Let's Get Ready for the 2006 Texas Challenge!, and the GC number is GCRWJD.

          Wayne

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
            Having recruited one, maybe two geocachers to come out to the challenge with
            my limited knowledge of what will take place, I think it would be of GREAT
            benefit for a veteran or two to explain what the challenge is, what to
            expect, and why all of us CenTex cachers should attend!!

            Kevin
            KoosKoos

            This is My first Tx Challange.I don't know what to expect. I heard
            something about a pot luck? entrance fee? catered dinner? We are gonna
            get there on Fri morning. Is anything planned for Fri?? I hope the
            fire ban is lifted by then. I love to camp, so excited.
            QueenZelda 25/0
            (Criselda)

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Wayne Lind

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 24, 2006
                Yes, we need to have more chatter about the Challenge!

                The Texas Challenge is a friendly competition between geocachers from different regions of the state to see whose team can come up with the most points in the game that will be played.  I won't go into an explanation here, but you'll have a good time and you should plan to bring your family and help the CenTex team win for the very first time!

                Built around the competition is a fabulous weekend of food, campfires, geocaching, talk about geocaching, activities, etc. etc. etc at beautiful Inks Lake State Park.  If you've never been in a big group of geocachers before, they are the friendliest people you'd ever hope to meet.  People are amazed at how "included" they feel in the group right away because you immediately have things to talk about with everyone there.

                You can come to any or all of the weekend.  I'm not sure what the registration fee is, but it will be VERY reasonable and then you just need to decide if you're a day tripper, a camper or a motel-er.  Be sure to put the event page on your watch list so you can keep up with all the news and who's coming.

                It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were an event or two to generate buzz for the CenTex team!  Watch the weekly cache notification or the events page on GC.com.  Please, don't be shy!  Don't worry that you've never done a competition before.  If you've found a geocache, you can play this game!  CenTex really needs you!

                It's going to be FUN!

                On 1/24/06, Kevin Mefford <kmefford@...
                > wrote:
                Having recruited one, maybe two geocachers to come out to the challenge with
                my limited knowledge of what will take place, I think it would be of GREAT
                benefit for a veteran or two to explain what the challenge is, what to
                expect, and why all of us CenTex cachers should attend!!

                Kevin
                KoosKoos

                This is My first Tx Challange.I don't know what to expect. I heard
                something about a pot luck? entrance fee? catered dinner? We are gonna
                get there on Fri morning. Is anything planned for Fri?? I hope the
                fire ban is lifted by then. I love to camp, so excited.
                                                    QueenZelda 25/0
                                                       (Criselda)

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • zeldaqueengeo
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2006
                  Wayne My computer was down and anyways I couldnt goe to SA . What did I
                  miss?
                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Lind" <wlind@...>

                  ----
                  > --

                • peterhey2
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 22, 2007
                    Has anyone heard anything more about the possibility of a date change
                    for the challenge? We need to make our reservations early and need to
                    find out when it will be as soon as is practical.

                    Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike
                  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 22, 2007
                      The poll was closed last week and they've kept the same date as the 22/23.  I don't think we'll be going that weekend.

                      Kevin
                      KoosKoos

                    • palbers@austin.rr.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 22, 2007
                        I guess this is one way to limit the people joining in. It'll help
                        keep the event from getting too big. It will be unfortunate to have
                        to miss out on the Challenge this year.

                        Good luck to all those from CenTex that are going to try for the
                        three-peat! :)

                        -paul
                        HiDude_98

                        > The poll was closed last week and they've kept the same date as
                        > the 22/23.
                        > I don't think we'll be going that weekend.
                        >
                        > Kevin
                        > KoosKoos
                        >
                        > On 10/22/07, peterhey2 <peterhey2@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Has anyone heard anything more about the possibility of a date
                        > change> for the challenge? We need to make our reservations early
                        > and need to
                        > > find out when it will be as soon as is practical.
                        > >
                        > > Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike

                      • mudslinger06tj
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 9, 2010
                          hi i am trying to get up to the challenge but i am having money issues like who isn't these days my predicament is its going to cost me some 200 plus to drive round trip from Corpus Area

                          i am planning to camp its just myself and a tent and what necessities i need was hoping to play tag along with someone who is camping that has some extra room in campsite

                          i am bringing my Jeep to try for the cache "the Big one" GC1N54Y with Anthony group if i can get up there in time

                          please let me know soon David

                          Thanks