I Need YOUR GPSr!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      I am teaching a bunch of Venture Scouts in Georgetown how to use a
      GPSr next Sunday evening. I would like to have several different
      kinds of units to show them, but in addition, they are all required
      to use a GPSr to find a fixed location in the dark (night cache!
      woohoo). I would like to have enough units that we don't have to have
      more than about 3 "shifts" for everyone to get some "hands on". If
      you live in North or Northwest Austin, RoundRock or Georgetown, you
      can give up your GPS for 4 or 5 hours on Sunday afternoon / evening,
      I promise I will take good care of it, and some scouts will be very
      grateful! Shoot me an email and we'll figure out the logistics. We
      should be done early enough that I can return the units that evening
      (which is why I asked for folks living north).

      Thanks, and Happy Trails!
      Candy
    • Tony Fannin
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:
        > I am teaching a bunch of Venture Scouts in
        > Georgetown how to use a
        > GPSr next Sunday evening.

        You are welcome to borrow my MeriPlat as long as you
        promise not to look at the waypoints. :-) I'm working
        on a new cache. Actually, I'll clear it before I loan
        it so there's less clutter in the menus. Just take
        care of my baby. I use it for work.

        Tony

        http://platinum.yahoo.com
      • mpain@swbell.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          You can borrow mine. Do you want the manual too?
          Michele 451-8058

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • AusGeoCache@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            You may use my Garmin 12 and Troop 259's Garmin 38.  That should show them how far the technology has progressed.  Let me know.  BTW we live Northwest.

            Richard
          • The Diver
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
              I've got a Yellow Etrex you can use.