I Need YOUR GPSr!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 4:28 AM
      I am teaching a bunch of Venture Scouts in Georgetown how to use a
      GPSr next Sunday evening. I would like to have several different
      kinds of units to show them, but in addition, they are all required
      to use a GPSr to find a fixed location in the dark (night cache!
      woohoo). I would like to have enough units that we don't have to have
      more than about 3 "shifts" for everyone to get some "hands on". If
      you live in North or Northwest Austin, RoundRock or Georgetown, you
      can give up your GPS for 4 or 5 hours on Sunday afternoon / evening,
      I promise I will take good care of it, and some scouts will be very
      grateful! Shoot me an email and we'll figure out the logistics. We
      should be done early enough that I can return the units that evening
      (which is why I asked for folks living north).

      Thanks, and Happy Trails!
      Candy
    • Tony Fannin
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 4:44 AM
        --- Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:
        > I am teaching a bunch of Venture Scouts in
        > Georgetown how to use a
        > GPSr next Sunday evening.

        You are welcome to borrow my MeriPlat as long as you
        promise not to look at the waypoints. :-) I'm working
        on a new cache. Actually, I'll clear it before I loan
        it so there's less clutter in the menus. Just take
        care of my baby. I use it for work.

        Tony

        http://platinum.yahoo.com
      • mpain@swbell.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 6:32 AM
          You can borrow mine. Do you want the manual too?
          Michele 451-8058

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • AusGeoCache@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 3:57 PM
            You may use my Garmin 12 and Troop 259's Garmin 38.  That should show them how far the technology has progressed.  Let me know.  BTW we live Northwest.

            Richard
          • The Diver
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 7:18 PM
              I've got a Yellow Etrex you can use.