OT: free Juggling show on Valentines day!

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004

      Looking for cheap date?  I have just the thing for you.

      Some of you may know that (in my younger years) I was the President of the Texas Juggling Society which is an Austin based juggling club.  They are holding their annual FREE (yes free) show next Saturday night at the Reagan High School auditorium.  I will not be performing in the show but it always promises to be an interesting show of jugglers, antipodists, unicyclists, trained dogs and macaws, and object manipulators.  In the past, the show has had to turn people away but hopefully this year that won’t happen due to the larger facility (Reagan holds somewhere around 500 people).  However, to ensure the best seat, plan to show up ½ early.  Feel free to forward this.

      The show is part of the Texas Juggling Society’s annual weekend Festival.

      Here is the info:

      The Public Show
      Saturday, February 14, 7:30 pm
      Reagan High School
      7104 Berkman Drive

      For more info see: http://juggling.place.org/jfest/when.html

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

      "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others"

      --  George Orwell, Animal Farm

    • mpain@swbell.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
        Scott-that sounds pretty fun. My neighbor is a "Contact Juggler". For those
        who haven't heard of that a layman's explanation is that the balls are
        never out of contact with the body. So the juggler rolls the balls all over
        his/her arms, neck, shoulders etc. Very fun.
        Thanks Scott-
        Shelly

[...]

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • Mark Gessner
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
          Hmmm... "Contact Juggling?" That's a great line to help "sell" this
          to your date as a way to get her to go to a FREE juggling show instead
          of ($$$) La Traviata for Valentines day...

          Anyway, I've always wanted to learn how to juggle. So far I can juggle
          two bags with one hand, but have never made the jump to three bags w/
          two hands. I've been working on it since 1987.