Free Diving in Lake Travis for Scuba cache.

  • Rick Blevins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
      Anybody want to join me on Friday for an attempt to free-dive to the GC16BHD The Many Shores Of Lake Travis - Scuba?
      It is approximately 20 feet deep and Indigo Parish and Soaring Eagle found it last year when is was much more shallow, but

      they did a wonderful job of documenting where it was and how to find it.  I have 3 pairs of swim fins and goggles and a

      rubber raft that I will float over the "dive" area.   You would have to make something in a waterproof manner that you

      could leave there with your name on it.  I'm using a piece of plastic and a permanent marker.  Since there is an entrance fee, it would be better to car pool into the park.

      IP and SE didn't use swim fins so it should be easier for us to swim down and around looking for the cache.

      If you contact me, we can arrange a time to meet and go there.  I'm shooting for around 10AM.

      Rick - Chemist Kahuna

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
        I might . . .

        Russ the Waterweasel

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
          Argh, I'm out of town

          Barbara

          On Jul 22, 2014, at 3:40 PM, "Russ Jernigan waterweasel@... [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS]" <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I might . . .

          Russ the Waterweasel

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
            How about Monday?  Monday would work too.

            Rick

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 22, 2014
                  After talking to Jvet, who has SCUBA gear, I moved the start time up to 9:00 AM on Monday.  If you go early enough, you may even get in before the guy in the toll booth gets there to collect the park fee.   It is also possible to get some land caches in the area before and/or after the dive.

                  Rick