I already cast my final votes, but

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      I would say, that now you should be able to vote for any cache you
      want to, of the choices you have on the ballot page. whether you
      have actually logged a find or not. Now that it's so narrowed down,
      it's very possible that there are several catagories that have
      caches some people haven't found, but now it's time to vote for the
      best. If a cache has a lot of hype around it cuz it's so good, then
      it deserves to get a vote for causing the uproar, whether you found
      it or not!

      I think you should be able to vote for your OWN cache, etc now too,
      since the cache has already made it this far without you.

      I also think that everyone should go vote on the finalists, even if
      they didn't make any nominations. Whatever, go vote now, make your
      voice heard!

      I love having the list of all the caches that are nominated, that's
      cool.

      How long is the voting period?

      tanya
    • geo_texas_gal
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        I had the same thoughts GG did - I decided not to restrict the final
        votes to only caches you have visited. Ideally, you will have
        visited the caches you cast votes for, but since the nominations
        knocked out only but a select few in each category, I didn't want to
        restrict the votes so much that only a few people could vote.

        It's worked too - I got a bunch of nominations, but have already
        received way more final votes. I'm excited for all the winners,
        before they've even been determined!

        The votes will go through the 15th, to allow for 2 weeks of final
        voting, unless everyone wants to shorten it to one week. After the
        votes are all cast, I will create a webpage that will permanently
        list (and link to) all the nominated cachers and the winners- so that
        we can always use that page as a reference (for ourselves, or out-of-
        towners).

        Next year, we'll do them again- but only caches placed in 2004 will
        be eligible (except Hall of Fame). It's a little incentive for
        people to place neat caches! I have already seen a number of new
        caches that are quite cool...

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Tanya Phillips"
        <tanyamp@a...> wrote:
        > I would say, that now you should be able to vote for any cache you
        > want to, of the choices you have on the ballot page. whether you
        > have actually logged a find or not. Now that it's so narrowed
        down,
        > it's very possible that there are several catagories that have
        > caches some people haven't found, but now it's time to vote for the
        > best. If a cache has a lot of hype around it cuz it's so good,
        then
        > it deserves to get a vote for causing the uproar, whether you found
        > it or not!
        >
        > I think you should be able to vote for your OWN cache, etc now too,
        > since the cache has already made it this far without you.
        >
        > I also think that everyone should go vote on the finalists, even if
        > they didn't make any nominations. Whatever, go vote now, make your
        > voice heard!
        >
        > I love having the list of all the caches that are nominated, that's
        > cool.
        >
        > How long is the voting period?
        >
        > tanya
      • jnjwalla
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
          What's the current restrictions on voting? I did not see any changes
          on the voting page.
          Thanks-

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "geo_texas_gal" <texas-

        • geo_texas_gal
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
            You must need to hit refresh, because the old page has been moved,
            and only the new page is there.

            So far, I've gotten about 40 votes on the final awards! This is so
            much fun...

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jnjwalla"