Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel Bug / GC.com weirdness

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      You probably just got hold of a TB that was mis-logged or not logged at all. The map link is right above where the logs begin, and when you go to the new map page, you can go to the old one.

      If what you are saying is that the bug page says it's still in the cache, but the cache page does not, I would wait to grab it until you let the techsters at gc.com look at it in its present state to see what happened. Maybe a newbie performed a series of steps that resulted in an error they didn't anticipate or test for.

      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:33 PM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel Bug / GC.com weirdness

      Hi all,

      Just found a TB for the first time in a while and noticed some weird
      stuff trying to log it.  First, the TB I found was not listed in
      the "Travel Bugs Have Been Seen In this Cache" section on the cache
      page... but when I went to the page for the TB, it *did* show it as
      being dropped in that cache.  Does the cache page not list all of the
      bugs in it?

      Then, looking at the TB pages, I no longer see maps at all....  I
      definitely remember there being an "old" and "new" style map just a
      few weeks ago.  What happened to them?

      Thanks!