RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Austin Cache Awards - Nominated Cach es

  • Dan Miner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      Procrastinators beware. I was intentionally waiting until
      Saturday to post my nominations with the idea that I'd go
      out and find a few more caches before choosing. But I got
      busy on Saturday, then someone hit my car on Parmer Lane.
      I forgot to post my nominations. Oh well. Next year.

      Two questions:
      1) Can I still go find some of the nominated caches before I vote?

      2) Your note said "one vote only per cache". Am I correct in
      remembering that the Favorite Cache Overall catagory is an
      exception? Can I vote for my favorite cache in that catagory
      plus in another catagory?

      - Dan (WhiteShark)

      [ cache list snipped ]

      > Congratulations to ALL the nominees!
      >

      > Now it's time for final voting to begin - and this time things are
      > much simpler: one vote only per cache, you can't vote for your own
      > caches (or those of family members). That's it! Please go to the
      > final voting ballot, and vote for your favorites by February 15th:
      >
      > http://www.the-cache.com/vote/
      >
      > Final winners will be announced shortly after the ballot box closes!
    • geo_texas_gal
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        My note did indeed say one vote only per cache - but that left out a
        word: "Category." The rules on the voting page say, "Only one vote
        per category." Each cache has already been restricted to only 2
        categories it could be nominated in (not counting Cacher's Choice
        and Hall of Fame), so no need to worry about that anymore. Just
        click once per category, add your nickname and email... and you're
        done!

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dan Miner
        <miner@c...> wrote:
        > Procrastinators beware. I was intentionally waiting until
        > Saturday to post my nominations with the idea that I'd go
        > out and find a few more caches before choosing. But I got
        > busy on Saturday, then someone hit my car on Parmer Lane.
        > I forgot to post my nominations. Oh well. Next year.
        >
        > Two questions:
        > 1) Can I still go find some of the nominated caches before I vote?
        >
        > 2) Your note said "one vote only per cache". Am I correct in
        > remembering that the Favorite Cache Overall catagory is an
        > exception? Can I vote for my favorite cache in that catagory
        > plus in another catagory?
        >
        > - Dan (WhiteShark)

      • Joan Whistler
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
          OK, just one more question about voting ... I assume we are limited to voting only for caches we have actually logged, no matter what wonderful things we have heard or read about other caches/events ... correct?  And if we haven't visited any of the nominees in a particular category we need to skip that one, right?  Thanks!
          Joan
          "UGoGirl"

          <miner@c...> wrote:
          > Procrastinators beware.  I was intentionally waiting until
          > Saturday to post my nominations with the idea that I'd go
          > out and find a few more caches before choosing.  But I got
          > busy on Saturday, then someone hit my car on Parmer Lane.
          > I forgot to post my nominations.  Oh well.  Next year.
          >
          > Two questions:
          > 1) Can I still go find some of the nominated caches before I vote?
          >
          > 2) Your note said "one vote only per cache".  Am I correct in
          > remembering that the Favorite Cache Overall catagory is an
          > exception?  Can I vote for my favorite cache in that catagory
          > plus in another catagory?
          >
          >                   - Dan (WhiteShark)

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004

            I hope not because I never log my finds only a note sometimes to the hider. I deleted all my logs back when the tensions were high over virtuals and such.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
              I just voted. It was tougher than I thought it would be
              mostly because I've only found 50 caches so far and there
              were some catagories that I hadn't found any of the caches.
              While in other catagories, I wanted to vote 2 or 3 times!
              It would have been nice if I could transfer my vote from
              catagory X to make 2 votes in catagory Y. :-)

              I do have a serious suggestion for next year: Whoever does
              the HTML magic, please email the person's votes back to them
              so they can save it for future reference. This also makes a
              nice confirmation (in addition to the "Thank you for voting"
              web page) that your votes were registered as you wanted.

              I can't wait for the final results!!!

              - Dan (WhiteShark)
              (Not a procrastinator THIS TIME!)

            • Tanya Phillips
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
                Hey Dan,
                I just cut and pasted my votes into a new email and sent them to
                myself. I now have a perfect copy of my votes to remember.
                Everything shows up perfect as long as you don't try to forward that
                on to someone else, then the votes are blank again.

                The reason I wanted to save it, was to know what the top caches are,
                so I can visit them all someday.

                Tanya