Request

  • theparksplace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2014

      Hello Everyone.

      This is Forrest Parks (theparksplace) from San Antonio. I know many of you in Austin don't know me, but I have a request to ask you. My daughter is a member of the Texas Children's Choir and they have been invited by the French government to come sing at the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion. They are also going to sing for the American ceremonies at the Omaha Beach National Cemetery. Before they leave France, they will also sing at Notre Dame Cathedral.

      This is a great opportunity for her to experience what will probably the last official ceremony recognizing the Veterans of D-Day. I get to go with the choir as a chaperone. Needless to say, the trip is not cheap. My daughter has done a lot of fundraising and is really close to her goal. If you would like more information or would like to help, please check out this link http://www.gofundme.com/5cbpns.

      Please don't feel obligated to help. This is just something we decided to try as another way to fund her trip.

      We thank you all in advance and look forward to seeing you all out on the trails.

      Forrest Parks

    • s6sputnik