Oldest Texas Geocaches

  • jebjar
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2013
      One of my geocaching goals for 2014 is to work on my Jasmer Challenge. I realize I can't complete it just in Texas but does anyone have a list of the oldest Texas geocaches? Or where I could find one?

      I've already found Tombstone and am going to the DFW area for Thanksgiving.

      Thanks,
      Bob
      aka JEBJAR
    • Dave Read

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2013
          Unless gc.com has changed the rules recently, PQs can only cover a 500 mile radius.

          I had JEBJAR’s same problem recently, as I made the same decision to start working on completing my Jasmer. The “oldest 100” list that I linked ealier was immensely helpful, as mostl of my Jasmer holes were May-Dec 2000. The other holes I needed to fill were all fillable here in Texas, so the 500 mile radius covered them easily enough — including CenTex Prime, which I snagged about a month ago. ;)

          Cheers,
          Dave
          aka Team Landshark

          From: J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...>
          Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM
          To: Central Texas Geocachers <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] Oldest Texas Geocaches

          One of the oldest in Texas is right here in Central Texas.  It's called CenTex Prime.  It's GCEF, placed in December, 2000.  Do you have it already?

          Otherwise, a good way to find old caches is to create a pocket query for, say the year 2000 using the date filter, and set the distance at 4000 miles or so.  You should get all the old caches in the US.  Set another pocket query for 2001, etc.  You might have to go down to the month level after that, but there should be plenty of close caches at that point.  Good luck!

          Cheers,

          On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM, <bweeks44@...> wrote:

          One of my geocaching goals for 2014 is to work on my Jasmer Challenge. I realize I can't complete it just in Texas but does anyone have a list of the oldest Texas geocaches? Or where I could find one?

          I've already found Tombstone and am going to the DFW area for Thanksgiving.

          Thanks,
          Bob
          aka JEBJAR

        • J Crozier

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 28, 2013
                    See if this might help. It's from 5/2000 to 12/2001, 500 miles from Dallas.

                    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?pq=f3b722c1-d7a1-4a3d-82d4-329526901e2f

                    Marc (Zeke's Uncle)