Nov. 7th Space Cache Event in San Antonio?

  • ELIZETH L
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013
      Greetings from the central coast of California! I will be in San Antonio on November 7th (arriving at 1:00AM, actually) and am wondering: will there be a Geocaching in Space event in your lovely city on that day? I’m referring to Astronaut Rick Mastracchio taking a Travel Bug® to the International Space Station and the related worldwide festivities and accompanying commemorative souvenirs. :)

      I’ll be attending a conference near the Rivercenter Mall and won’t have a car, traveling all day Nov. 6th and arriving at 1:00AM on Nov. 7th.

      Smiles,
      -Zee
    • Ray Alba
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013
        The one in SA is GC4PXHE.  Not sure how far from Rivercenter Mall.

        Ray(1/2 of Team Scby-Do)

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Oct 12, 2013, at 3:39 PM, "ELIZETH L" <labega@...> wrote:

        Greetings from the central coast of California! I will be in San Antonio on November 7th (arriving at 1:00AM, actually) and am wondering: will there be a Geocaching in Space event in your lovely city on that day? I’m referring to Astronaut Rick Mastracchio taking a Travel Bug® to the International Space Station and the related worldwide festivities and accompanying commemorative souvenirs. :)

        I’ll be attending a conference near the Rivercenter Mall and won’t have a car, traveling all day Nov. 6th and arriving at 1:00AM on Nov. 7th.

        Smiles,
        -Zee

      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013

          Here are the global lists of events for the 2 days....

          November 6 -  http://www.geocaching.com/calendar/default.aspx?date=11/06/2013

          November 7 - http://www.geocaching.com/calendar/default.aspx?date=11/07/2013

          As of right now, it looks like the only November 7 event in Texas will be in Houston.

          ---In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Greetings from the central coast of California! I will be in San Antonio on November 7th (arriving at 1:00AM, actually) and am wondering: will there be a Geocaching in Space event in your lovely city on that day? I’m referring to Astronaut Rick Mastracchio taking a Travel Bug® to the International Space Station and the related worldwide festivities and accompanying commemorative souvenirs. :)

          I’ll be attending a conference near the Rivercenter Mall and won’t have a car, traveling all day Nov. 6th and arriving at 1:00AM on Nov. 7th.

          Smiles,
          -Zee
        • J Crozier