River Place Trail Rally Event Oct 12?

  • indigo_parrish
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
      Hello CenTex Cachers --

      The friends of River Place Trail want to hold a rally at Sun Tree park at 7pm on Oct 12, 2013 to show public support for reopening the River Place Nature Trail segments that have been closed to hikers (and cachers).

      Note: The trails to the 'Solar System' and 'Rainbow' cache series are the ones that were affected.  It would be great to have those trails re-opened and the geocaching community certainly has a vested interest in showing support to do that.

      So why not host a geocaching Event at the rally?  That should help with turnout.
      Are there any River Place cachers willing to host an event at 7pm Oct 12 there?

      -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
        Keith, why don't you?
        Nothing to it -- find parking coords and submit!
        The rest is us showing up.

        Call it Save the Colorful Solar System! or something....
        [But Esther might already be on it. She's Wonderful.]

        -B/Tygress

        The friends of River Place Trail want to hold a rally at Sun Tree park at 7pm on Oct 12, 2013 to show public support for reopening the River Place Nature Trail segments that have been closed to hikers (and cachers).

        Note: The trails to the 'Solar System' and 'Rainbow' cache series are the ones that were affected.  It would be great to have those trails re-opened and the geocaching community certainly has a vested interest in showing support to do that.

        So why not host a geocaching Event at the rally?  That should help with turnout.
        Are there any River Place cachers willing to host an event at 7pm Oct 12 there?

        -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

        New BlackBerry® Z10
        Discover the BlackBerry Z10, built to keep you moving. Get it today.
        BlackBerry.com
      • indigo_parrish
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
          WHOOPS I forgot to include the relevant links :
          http://www.friendsofriverplacetrail.com/River_Place_Trail/River_Place_Nature_Trail_Austin_Texas.html

          ;; SOLAR SYSTEM FINAL (archived due to BCC)
          http://coord.info/GC23E07

          ;; Rainbow (archived due to BCC)
          http://coord.info/GC24JHC

          And I think S6sputnik would make a truly excellent event host

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

          ---In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

          Hello CenTex Cachers --

          The friends of River Place Trail want to hold a rally at Sun Tree park at 7pm on Oct 12, 2013 to show public support for reopening the River Place Nature Trail segments that have been closed to hikers (and cachers).

          Note: The trails to the 'Solar System' and 'Rainbow' cache series are the ones that were affected.  It would be great to have those trails re-opened and the geocaching community certainly has a vested interest in showing support to do that.

          So why not host a geocaching Event at the rally?  That should help with turnout.
          Are there any River Place cachers willing to host an event at 7pm Oct 12 there?

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
        • J Crozier

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
                Shawn, you are D'Man!

                I was going to post my CNH (can not host) as I will be attending GeoCoinFest that weekend. Which is too bad, because you all know how much I love events. I am sorry that I will not be there to support this worthy cause.
                Everyone have a great time!
                Esther/BGTx

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
                  I have posted this information to the website, linked to the website Keith provided.  I have also linked to an older article regarding the closure.

                  If anyone has more information that they would like to add or change, please let me know.

                  As always - always looking for good content and news to add to the website, and any one willing to help me keep the site fresh!

                  Shawn - please send me details of the event.  I will put a place holder on the calendar.

                  Greg Jewett
                  Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
                  (512) 627-7290
                  geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com