Re: TB Reappears

  • efgeiss
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013
      Strange, I was following a TB that was on its way to Texas when it too disappeared at GeoWoodstock VI and yesterday showed up in a cache in Missouri.
    • Jay Bingham
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013

        Wow Howard,

        That is quite the journey that Devil Dog has taken so far; (20204.2mi, crossing the pond three times). I can imagine that you were quite excited when it got to Europe in just six moves and then quite disappointed when it got to so close after just nine moves only to come back to the Austin area so close to where it started form on the 13th move.

        So, Barb if you look at the map history of the Devil Dog you will see that it went to Germany and indeed did come back to the US again; unfortunately the mission had not been completed so it had to return to Europe again (on its 15th move) to do so. Since completing its mission it has re-entered and exited Germany (although it did spend quite a bit of time there) and is now stuck in a vortex in the Netherlands .

        Thanks Howard for sharing the names/IDs of these two travel bugs. Spaceman Spiff was fun to look at too, but not nearly as interesting as Devil Dog. Hope the Devil Dog makes it home. Be sure to let us know when he does.

        --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013

          Hmmmm.  Very interesting!

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Strange, I was following a TB that was on its way to Texas when it too disappeared at GeoWoodstock VI and yesterday showed up in a cache in Missouri.
        • Dave Marquardt
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013
            Awesome!  I released two TBs together.  One promptly disappeared after its first cache, while the other has been to many and continues to be logged.  Your experience gives me hope I may some day see my missing TB.  Thanks!

            -Balde Runner
             (Dave)