TB Reappears

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2013
      I have a travel bug that was last seen at Geowoodstock VI in CA in May, 2008.  It just reappeared tonight when it was logged after being pulled form a cache in Missouri after missing for 5-1/2 YEARS!
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 22, 2013
        Yeah -- I've had a couple returned from the ether like that.
        BarbJ = Kermit the Frog Yaaaaaay = Tygress

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 22, 2013
          Awesome!
          My Suncatcher coin resurfaced last month after four years of silence. Warm and fuzzy feelings towards the one who finally logged it again after an event.
          One of my tags hasn't come up for two years now after travelling 108K+ miles. Maybe it took a vacation...
          Tuulikki
          4Dimensions

        • semperquestio

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 22, 2013

              I have no happy stories to tell of reappearing travel bugs as I have none in the wild, yet.

              Never-the-less, I enjoyed hearing of yours, and all the others as well, they restore my faith in mankind. It would be fun to know their names or ID so I could go look at their pages and see where they have been.

              --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 22, 2013

                Here ya go...

                Devil Dog - http://coord.info/TBK5A4 - The one that was recovered at the missing cache site.

                Spaceman Spiff - http://coord.info/TB11PW8 - The one that just reappeared after 5-1/2 yrs.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013
                  TBs that go into Germany never leave, it sometimes seems. Don't know if we have any TB that's come back from the European continent. However... they do keep moving.
                  What a tale of rescue. But I'm not surprised it's a Marine TB that pulled it off!
                  -B/Tygress

[...]

                  BlackBerry® Q10
                  See the evolution of the classic BlackBerry® Keyboard. Available now
                  BlackBerry.com
                • efgeiss
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013
                    Strange, I was following a TB that was on its way to Texas when it too disappeared at GeoWoodstock VI and yesterday showed up in a cache in Missouri.
                  • Jay Bingham
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013

                      Wow Howard,

                      That is quite the journey that Devil Dog has taken so far; (20204.2mi, crossing the pond three times). I can imagine that you were quite excited when it got to Europe in just six moves and then quite disappointed when it got to so close after just nine moves only to come back to the Austin area so close to where it started form on the 13th move.

                      So, Barb if you look at the map history of the Devil Dog you will see that it went to Germany and indeed did come back to the US again; unfortunately the mission had not been completed so it had to return to Europe again (on its 15th move) to do so. Since completing its mission it has re-entered and exited Germany (although it did spend quite a bit of time there) and is now stuck in a vortex in the Netherlands .

                      Thanks Howard for sharing the names/IDs of these two travel bugs. Spaceman Spiff was fun to look at too, but not nearly as interesting as Devil Dog. Hope the Devil Dog makes it home. Be sure to let us know when he does.

                      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013

                        Hmmmm.  Very interesting!

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        Strange, I was following a TB that was on its way to Texas when it too disappeared at GeoWoodstock VI and yesterday showed up in a cache in Missouri.
                      • Dave Marquardt
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013
                          Awesome!  I released two TBs together.  One promptly disappeared after its first cache, while the other has been to many and continues to be logged.  Your experience gives me hope I may some day see my missing TB.  Thanks!

                          -Balde Runner
                           (Dave)