Re: Geocaching News Release

  • Toni
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11 3:22 AM
      Very cool! That sounds like fun. At one of our HR retreats we had the Geocaching 101 as one of our activities. That's how I got started geocaching.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11 5:15 AM
        That's really nice, Toni...
        -B/Tygresss

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11 6:56 AM
          Kudos Toni and TP&WD! This is a well done video with the cool twist on caching in the parks. I did see MCP's cameo in there and Jana's!
          Esther/BGTx

          Most of you have seen the video about me, Asperger's and geocaching that was a finalist at the GIFF this year. Now TPWD has released a different version with more about GC 101 and the State Parks. I believe I see Mrs.Captain Picard in there. In case you don't catch it on the news, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwkBe1upSCM&feature=youtu.be

        • Holly Cooper
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11 6:58 AM
            I like this video a lot. I'm going to send this out to my co-workers. Myself (Earthenborn) and Swangkeelowtel work with kids with visual impairment and there are some real tech geeks just like Toni.

            We'll be doing a little geocaching demo experience activity at the Sports Extravaganza for Students with Visual Impairment in Irving in October. Anyone who has any great ideas for activities with kids or novice geocacher groups, please post! We'll be using talking GPS devices with waypoints set manually by walking around to locations.

            Holly

            --
            Holly Cooper, Ph.D.
            Outreach Deafblind Consultant