RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: New Yahoo Group layout

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
      Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
      Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

      BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

        Barb,

        I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.

        There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.

        So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.

        --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

        Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.

        Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

        BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

        I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

        --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

        I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....

        I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

        waaahooo whoooo!

        --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

        1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
        info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013
          Yes, I expect it's Juno's handling of HTML. I think I said that in my first response to the issue.
          While I'm flattered some care, what I say is not that important.
          And certainly not important enough to wreck all my other email correspondence.
          If I remember, I'll click the box, but no promises.

          Like I said, what I say isn't THAT important.

          -B -sorry- Tygress

          I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.
          There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.
          So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.
          --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown, TX USA

          Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
          Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

          BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

          I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

          --| Jay /\\\\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown, TX USA

          I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....
          I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

          waaahooo whoooo!

          --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

          1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
          info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

          One Weird Trick
          Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5229cbcb61a9b4bcb4211st01vuc
        • alan_tagit
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013

            Jay and Barb,

            You're on to something. I did not see the content of the test message. However when you replied to the previous thread (the one I'm looking at now) I see your reply and Barb's previous replies appeared.

            Oh well.... we'll se if it gets fixed.

            Cache you all later.

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013

              Probably the reason that you saw my replies was that I only sent one message from Juno. I switched back to my other email address to send the reply and everything else I send to the group. Hope that is not too confusing.

              --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013
                I doubt they'll fix it.
                Juno is the redheaded step child...

                I stay because I've 20-some years vested there and changing requires w-o-r-k -- too many ids tied up in this email.
                Maybe with the next system.

                -B/the devil I know is getting pretty decrepit/Tygress

                You're on to something. I did not see the content of the test message. However when you replied to the previous thread (the one I'm looking at now) I see your reply and Barb's previous replies appeared.

                Oh well.... we'll se if it gets fixed.

                Cache you all later.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Barb,
                I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.
                There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.
                So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.
                --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
                Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

                BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

                I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

                --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....
                I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

                waaahooo whoooo!

                --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
                info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

                30-second trick for a flat belly
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5229e5cc89f8f65cc18ffst01vuc
              • Dave Marquardt
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 10, 2013
                  Could be something like the foreground color being close to the background color, so you can't see it.  I just read this stuff by e-mail and don't see this problem.