New Yahoo Group layout

  • alan_tagit
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

      I'm not so sure I like it just yet. Seems a little buggy still which is understandable.

      One thing I definitely don't like is that on any of gumbietygress replies I try to open, they're blank!! I know that's not right.  I can read the first line or so on the group message page but when I click on it.. it has gumbietygress@... time posted....

      but then blank box.

      Anybody else have this issue with Barb? (I mean her posts of course)

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
        It's PREJUDICE, I tell you!!!!
        BarbJ = probably juno's lame handling of html = Tygress

        I'm not so sure I like it just yet. Seems a little buggy still which is understandable.

        One thing I definitely don't like is that on any of gumbietygress replies I try to open, they're blank!! I know that's not right.  I can read the first line or so on the group message page but when I click on it.. it has gumbietygress@... time posted....

        but then blank box.

        Anybody else have this issue with Barb? (I mean her posts of course)

        info.fixyourbloodsugar.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
          Why, I'm speechless!

          BarbJ = drawing a blank = Tygress

          I'm not so sure I like it just yet. Seems a little buggy still which is understandable.

          One thing I definitely don't like is that on any of gumbietygress replies I try to open, they're blank!! I know that's not right.  I can read the first line or so on the group message page but when I click on it.. it has gumbietygress@... time posted....

          but then blank box.

          Anybody else have this issue with Barb? (I mean her posts of course)

          One Weird Trick
          Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
          newsmax.com
        • alan_tagit
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

            I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....

            I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

            waaahooo whoooo!

          • Barry
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
              On my phone, some of my Yahoo emails - not replies, just new emails (and not necessarily from this group) - are coming up with this text in the body of the email:
              "Failed to retieve your email message.  Try again in a moment..."

              Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)

              aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)

              aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

                I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

                --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013
                  Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
                  Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

                  BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 5, 2013

                    Barb,

                    I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.

                    There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.

                    So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.

                    --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                    |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                    Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.

                    Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

                    BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

                    I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

                    --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                    |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                    I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....

                    I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

                    waaahooo whoooo!

                    --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                    1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
                    info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013
                      Yes, I expect it's Juno's handling of HTML. I think I said that in my first response to the issue.
                      While I'm flattered some care, what I say is not that important.
                      And certainly not important enough to wreck all my other email correspondence.
                      If I remember, I'll click the box, but no promises.

                      Like I said, what I say isn't THAT important.

                      -B -sorry- Tygress

                      I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.
                      There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.
                      So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.
                      --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                      |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                      Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
                      Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

                      BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

                      I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

                      --| Jay /\\\\ Bing-GTX
                      |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                      I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....
                      I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

                      waaahooo whoooo!

                      --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                      1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
                      info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

                      One Weird Trick
                      Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
                      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5229cbcb61a9b4bcb4211st01vuc
                    • alan_tagit
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013

                        Jay and Barb,

                        You're on to something. I did not see the content of the test message. However when you replied to the previous thread (the one I'm looking at now) I see your reply and Barb's previous replies appeared.

                        Oh well.... we'll se if it gets fixed.

                        Cache you all later.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013

                          Probably the reason that you saw my replies was that I only sent one message from Juno. I switched back to my other email address to send the reply and everything else I send to the group. Hope that is not too confusing.

                          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 6, 2013
                            I doubt they'll fix it.
                            Juno is the redheaded step child...

                            I stay because I've 20-some years vested there and changing requires w-o-r-k -- too many ids tied up in this email.
                            Maybe with the next system.

                            -B/the devil I know is getting pretty decrepit/Tygress

                            You're on to something. I did not see the content of the test message. However when you replied to the previous thread (the one I'm looking at now) I see your reply and Barb's previous replies appeared.

                            Oh well.... we'll se if it gets fixed.

                            Cache you all later.

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            Barb,
                            I just sent a message from my largely unused Juno account to the group, you probably saw it. When I tried to read it on the group web page the text was not displayed, just like what happens to your messages. It looks like there is something in the HTML that Juno is sending that is causing Yahoo to choking. As to who is not following the standard that is anybody’s guess at this point.
                            There might be a way around the problem, but it will involve a little work for you and might make your messages a little less beautiful. You could set up your Juno account to send messages in plain text rather than HTML (by un-checking the use Rich Text option in the compose section of the Options), or you can turn of HTML for an individual message. I could not see a way to turn off Rich Text/HTML on a per addressee basis, which would probably be a more palatable solution.
                            So other than getting Yahoo and Juno/NetZero to figure out what is going on that is causing this and correct it, those look like the options you have that will allow folks who read only on the group web page to see what you said beyond the first 50 or so characters.
                            --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                            |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                            Unfortunately, technical difficulties beyond my reach.
                            Not QUITE ready to change email programs.

                            BarbJ = Censored! = Tygress

                            I see the same thing on the web site, Barb is wordless (something I never thought I would see ;)). It kind of takes my breath away, but not my words I hope.

                            --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                            |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                            I knew you'd reply Barb and thus my issue.... I don't see your reply ....
                            I would see it included in someone else's reply to your reply.

                            waaahooo whoooo!

                            --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                            1 EASY tip to increase fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
                            info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

                            30-second trick for a flat belly
                            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5229e5cc89f8f65cc18ffst01vuc
                          • Dave Marquardt
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 10, 2013
                              Could be something like the foreground color being close to the background color, so you can't see it.  I just read this stuff by e-mail and don't see this problem.