RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: DNF's

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2013

      Great story indeed, but this is not a new phenomenon, even though it may be more frequent now with the whole world on terrorist alert. Back In March of 1977, ages ago I know so it is not even Geocaching related, I was returning to the US after spending a month in the Netherlands on a work assignment. I was pulled in for an interview by customs, not sure what triggered it other than I was one of the first through customs and was a twenty something guy sporting a mustache. The agent that interviewed me was totally cool, he did not even hassle me about the big ball of Edam or was it Gouda , I can’t remember, I had bought in Amsterdam . However, the agent in the next room, whom I could overhear, interviewing that poor soul, was a total jerk. Making accusations rather than asking questions and generally being very unpleasant and obnoxious; just what every tired traveler looks forward to after an 8 hour overnight flight from Amsterdam to Chicago , not. Although I was not happy to have been pulled in for an interview I was at least relieved that I had not come through either a little sooner or a little later and got that guy. I probably would have had to donate my cheese to the customs service.

      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX