RE: Tygress' Log for August Streaked Out event

  • alan_tagit
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 9:37 AM

       Classic! But they all are. Always excited to read a hide when Barb finds it. You're a Central Texas Geo-treasure.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thought that I'd share Tygress' log for the August Streaked Out event -- Russ the Waterweasel

      Hello everybody, this is your action news reporter
      With all the news that is news across the nation
      On the scene at the Rudy's on 360
      There seems to have been some disturbance here
      Pardon me sir, did you see what happened?
      Yeh, I did...I was standing over there by the sodie machine
      And here they come
      Splashin' that Spicy Sause and wavin' they coleslaw
      Chatterin' like jay-birds.
      And I hollered over at Ethel...I said, "don't look Ethel"
      It was too late, she'd already been iced...

      Here they come; boogie-dy, boogie-dy
      There they go; boogie-dy, boogie-dy
      In their cache-ready clothes

      But don't you call it a streak
      (Lookatthatlookatthat)
      Though the month is complete
      (Lookatthatlookatthat)
      Just as proud as can be
      Souvenir set there to see
      If in Profile you peek
      (oh MY!)
      But don't you call it a streak
      Though 31 days had cache seek
      And the heat was so mean
      But to find we were keen
      Don't want to jinx smile's physique

      This is your action news reporter once again
      And we're here in the dining area
      Pardon me sir, did you see what happened?
      Yeh, I did...I was just in here savorin' my ribs
      And they just appeared out of the traffic
      Come streakin' around the paper towel dispenser there
      Talkin' about 31 days of smiles
      I looked in there and Ethel was refillin' her cold drink
      I hollered..."Don't look Ethel!"
      It was too late...She'd already been coordinated.
      Flashed her right there in front of the cups of plastic ware.

      We ain't rude; boogie-dy, boogie-dy
      We ain't lewd; boogie-dy, boogie-dy
      We're just geocache clued.

      But don't you call it a streak
      Though gold tints each days' cheek
      No wallowing in the blues
      Sorting out unfound news
      To sign a cache log unique...

      Once again, your action news reporter at the automatic handwasher
      Covering the disturbance at the metal sink
      Pardon me sir, did you see what happened?
      Yeh, I did...I just wandered over here
      To rinse the BBQ off my fingers
      And there they come, weavin' around the tables
      All buzzin' about this geosport.
      They all have a nerdy look, I'm thinkin'
      Made a hook shot into the garbage and took off into the night.
      I hollered over at Ethel, I said, "don't look, Ethel!"
      It was too late...She'd already got a free shot
      Grandstanded...Right there in front of the beer bins

      Here they come...look...who's that with them?
      Ethel, is that you, Ethel?
      What do you think you're doing?
      Why you got your SmartPhone on?
      Ethel, where you going?
      Ethel, you shameless hussy
      Say it isn't so, Ethel
      Ethel..................

      But don't you call it a streak
      Though not a face here was bleak
      Now August is through
      And the daily to-do
      Will lack the 'prizes' that piqued

      No, no, it wasn't a streak
      Though 31 days did eke
      Finds the calender checked
      Glad my mojo warn't wrecked
      And now I've run Challenge Creek!

      whew! did it.
      Ok, I guess you CAN call it a streak.
      Nice event; glad to see all those folks -- and a peacock, too!

      And now I can make my route without checking if there's a cache on the way.
      Done!
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 7:52 PM
        aw shucks, y'all.
        =BLUSH=
        BarbJ/versi-FULL/Tygress

[...]

        One Weird Trick
        Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
        newsmax.com
      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2 7:55 PM
          Ray Stevens is Classic!
          I loved the log!!!
          Thanks!

          On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

          aw shucks, y'all.
          =BLUSH=
          BarbJ/versi-FULL/Tygress

[...]

          Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify&#8230
          newsmax.com

          --
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2